CBSi ViacomCBS Streaming
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive), a division of ViacomCBS, encompasses free, paid, and premium streaming services, including Pluto TV and Paramount+.
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming’s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the Global Video Streaming Services Tech & Video Operations, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS Digital and Paramount+ applications and sites. We are also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
Paramount+ is seeking a Senior Manager of Live Events Streaming for Latin America to oversee operations for expansion into Central and South America. The Paramount+ live events operations team runs 2,400 live events over five different continents and expects significant growth in Latin American in 2023. Events include soccer leagues throughout the region, along with MMA and other live events.
This role calls for an experienced operations lead who will be involved in all aspects of successfully streaming events.
- Monitor and manage a weekly schedule of live events from and streamed for all of Central and South America. This includes the English Premier League, the Copa de la Liga in Argentina, Brasileirão Série A, and Copa Libertadores in Brazil.
- Ensure staffing needs are in place for all of the weekend events.
- Make sure all signal acquisition plans are documented in a runbook for operators leading into the week’s schedule of live events.
- Write root cause analysis reports for incidents that impacted performance. Submit tickets into JIRA that need additional development or engineering work.
- Work closely with developers and engineers to set up workflows for new leagues that need to be onboarded.
- Ensure live events are tested in advance.
What you bring to the team:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working with live streaming and live events
- Bachelor’s degree in Media, Communications or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Strong client/account management skills. Comfortable presenting information and plans to senior management.
- At least two (2) years experience hiring and managing people
- Must speak Spanish and Portuguese.
- Experience working with both subscription and ad-supported video products.
- Familiarity with both cloud-based acquisition workflows and more traditional satellite/fiber workflows.
- Strong knowledge of live streaming workflows and encryption technologies.
- Proven track record as a problem solver in stressful situations.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City