DowJones Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a top global provider of real-time news and business information—delivering unrivaled quality content to millions of consumers and organizations.
Location: NY or Princeton, NJ
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance (“DJRC”) is one of the fastest growing businesses within the wider Dow Jones B2B organization. DJRC currently employs over 400 staff around the world who solely focus on the development and ongoing management of structured content, screening, monitoring and workflow platforms, and due diligence report services designed to enable our clients to identify and evaluate third party risk. Over 4,500 clients globally – both in the financial, corporate and governmental arenas – rely on Dow Jones data and technology for their anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, and trade compliance programs.
As part of our investment plan, we are seeking an exceptional Due Diligence Relationship Manager (“DDRM”) with a deep understanding of the investigative research process and its application to third party risk management.
This individual works within the sales organization, and in partnership with the product and marketing teams globally. The prime focus of this role is to retain and grow the due diligence report business. This includes supporting revenue targets by providing due diligence expertise to the Sales team at each level of the Sales process, assisting with the onboarding of new clients, and by managing ongoing relationships with existing due diligence clients. The prime focus of the role is providing due diligence expertise to the sales team and actively monitoring and developing relationships with clients.
- Assist Risk & Compliance Sales Specialists and B2B Account Managers in identifying, qualifying, delivering and closing new business opportunities for Due Diligence reports in order to achieve overall revenue goals ensuring execution consistent with team objectives.
- Serve as a bridge between sales and the research team to facilitate the scope and delivery of complex and/or high priority due diligence reports
- Exceed your sales target by maintaining current revenue and aggressively growing the business through the onboarding of new clients and cross-selling/upselling existing ones
- Accurate forecasting of due diligence sales revenue, which includes rigorous and ongoing pipeline development
- Work as a support partner for the Dow Jones sales teams across the region accelerating opportunities
- Assist in onboarding new clients and in tracking and maintaining due diligence revenues across the assigned region
- Serve as a point of contact and expert resource for clients, including soliciting feedback and communicating same for product improvements
- Collaborate with Risk & Compliance Sales Specialists and the Due Diligence research team to develop custom due diligence screening solutions for clients
- Provide strategic support to the Due Diligence Product Manager in order to improve operational effectivenessMaintain an ongoing SWOT analysis of the due diligence business in your territory and present to and update the sales organization and DJRC management on any key developments
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure that events, marketing, branding and communication support objectives and execution plans of the due diligence report business
- Maintain relationships with external facilitators such as law firms providing advisory services to the market
- Maintain records of sales visits, appointments, contacts and sales campaigns in the global CRM to provide timely information to management
- Evaluate potential marketing opportunities and competitors to ensure the company is maximizing revenue and displacing competitors
- Educate the sales team in developing and implementing both territory plans and individual strategic account plans to expand Dow Jones’ presence within the due diligence report business segment
- Contribute to thought leadership around the strategic direction of the Risk & Compliance business on subjects such as brand, positioning, value proposition and product roadmap.
- Achieve assigned KPIs (key performance indicators)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Due Diligence research experience
- Experience selling due diligence research reports to key business decision makers
- High level of initiative and self-motivation Ability to work in a team environment
- Fluency in English
- Degree-level education
- Excellence in active listening
- A passion for selling and exceeding revenue targets
- Proactive and driven with the ability to work independently at times
- Creative mindset focused on solution-driven approaches to complex issues
- Deep experience writing and editing investigative due diligence reports
- Additional specialty experience in at least one of the following areas or a combination thereof a plus:
- Consultative sales of information and/or compliance tools to senior business decision-makers
- Managing anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, trade compliance at a multinational or financial institution
- Providing advisory services in these areas at a law firm or consultancy
- A background in technology, data science, and/or investigations
- Successfully work closely with people of diverse cultures or backgrounds
- Effectively handle multiple activities and reprioritize when necessary to ensure revenue goal is achieved
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB – SALES
Job Category: Sales Group
Req ID: 31991