- Derivative Trader - San Antonio, TX
- Manager - Private Equity - Boston, MA
- Surgical Technologist - All Operating Rooms - Baltimore, MD
Bloomberg is an information and technology company, building the world’s most trusted information source and community for financial professionals.
We are Enterprise Data Services – fast paced, agile, innovative and growing. We are at the heart of where the rubber meets the road, technology design, product delivery, data and client relationships. Our vast selection of data covering all asset classes, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling means our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What’s the role?
You’ll be the primary technical interface into Bloomberg for some of our largest clients, the trusted advisor they turn to when making major technology and data sourcing decisions. You’ll form deep, lasting partnerships at multiple levels, and serve as the advocate for your customer within Bloomberg as well as the advocate for Bloomberg with your customer.
As a member of the Technical Account Management (TAM) team you will collaborate with your colleagues within our Enterprise Data and Enterprise Services divisions. You’ll enable our customers to gain maximum benefit from their partnership with Bloomberg by creating joint strategy sessions on the evolution of their technology and how our products and services become integral to their journey. Through listening to our client’s needs and investing heavily in our products and people, we have arrived at a genuinely exciting point in the evolution of our delivery and content offerings. Driving organizational & technology change across both client and internal environments needs to be a core part of your wheelhouse. You need to enjoy planning, strategy and co-design with your clients. Ideally you would have honed these skills in pre-sales, management consulting or professional services. Your skills will be vital in getting clients comfortable with our offerings, working closely with Sales to achieve this. Your strong understanding of our clients and their use of our products will also assist you in providing input to our product management teams in the future of our product design.
We’ll trust you to:
Handle pre-sales duties by:
- Partnering with the account team (Sales and Product Specialists) to identify and provide technical qualification of sales opportunities
- Understanding client technical strategy and roadmap, matching Bloomberg solutions against those requirements
- Providing design and analysis on proposed requirements for implementing and supporting new products based upon a thorough analysis of client feedback
Project management needs to be second nature:
- Forming a comprehensive and achievable plan in collaboration with our clients for integration into target applications across multiple regions
- Leading the engagement, leveraging the necessary internal resources to ensure a successful delivery of the agreed solution
Manage assigned accounts effectively by:
- Developing account plans with clear goals against which you will execute
- Building and maintaining a strategic relationship with your client base with frequent interactions to insure you have a strong pulse on client’s technical activities and future plans
- Providing technical subject matter expertise across the Enterprise Data Technology product portfolio
- Ensuring a consistent, cohesive and comprehensive level of service delivery into your accounts including but not limited to leading steering committee and regular service review meetings
- Forging deep relationships across the client’s technology teams within both the vertical IT and business silos (Equities, FICC etc.) and horizontal functions (CTO, Architecture, Infrastructure, Sourcing etc.)
- Attaining a deep and extensive understanding of your client’s architecture, infrastructure and application environment
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in the financial services sector
- A passion for data delivery, content analysis and as much attention to detail as the ability to look at the bigger picture
- Knowledge of financial market data products, delivery services, APIs and protocol technologies
- Experience working in a consultative sales or strategic account management role where you have been a part of or led client engagement
- Pre-sales experience and commercial awareness
- Demonstrable experience in leading a technology engagement or in taking a technical product to market
- Curiosity with a track record of challenging yourself in roles, technology and learning
- An ability to express your career diversity and passion for success
- An ability to build senior relationships and leverage those relationships to expand footprint
- Awareness of trading applications and systems
- The ability to travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match!
We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.