Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
About Amazon: Work hard. Have fun. Make history. At Amazon it is expected no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been an aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the sites already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for its customers and for you! You’ll help Amazon create the Earth’s greatest shopping experience – a store featuring more products and brands with the most compelling content compared to any other online or offline store. This is a great platform from which to launch a career with Amazon.
About the role: We are looking for a Subject Matter Expert to collaborate with our product management teams to source relevant data across WW deals and promotions; conduct analysis and extract insights. They will work with teams supporting Vendor Managers/BS/ISMs worldwide to thoroughly understand available data sets, and be able to extract data from a variety of data sources, including relational databases, Redshift clusters and Data Lakes. The successful candidate will be a customer-obsessed self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and an ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams. They will have excellent oral and written communication skills, and a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize work.
– Working with business and tech stakeholders to understand requirements and effectively prioritize projects
– Developing and managing milestones across projects to ensure timely and successful deliverables
– Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
– Contributing to maintaining a production-level website by ensuring that the back-end databases are functioning efficiently and also to improve on the back-end solution
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• Proficient extracting and processing data using SQL
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical programs
• Strong proficiency in Dutch language (B2/C1 preferred)