Mars is a family-owned business with more than 130,000 associates globally, making diverse products and offering services for people and pets.
The role is responsible for proactively driving continuous improvement in Employer Relations that increases effectiveness while creating an environment of engagement, fair treatment and trust aligned with our Five Principles and Associate Concept. It ensures the development of Employer Relations functional skills to build a robust talent pipeline. This position is responsible for supporting the ongoing evolution of the HR model by collaborating with clients, HR Business Partners, Labor Relations, Legal Counsel and other internal partners to provide advice, coaching and act as a proactive consultant to the business.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor Degree
- Fluent English Skills
- Proven experience with Relationship management (i.e. unions/works councils)
- Proven experience with Resolution of complex ER issues, identifying and managing high risk situations
- Proven experience organizational change support
- Data analysis knowledge
- Proven leadership of a High Performance Team
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Relationship Management
- Build sustainable relationships through active stakeholder management with Line Managers, HR Business Partners, Legal, Unions, site leadership, global security and others.
- Lead collective bargaining process, including contract negotiations with local unions.
- Issue Resolution
- Coach and guide associates when escalations of complex, high risk issues occur.
- Review and approve all separations, severance/redundancy options and transition assistance.
- Perform investigations/fact findings and ensure issues are resolved fairly, objectively, and in compliance with country, province/state and local employment law and collective bargaining agreements; always aligned to The Five Principles and The Associate Concept.
- Organization Change Initiatives
- This role provides the expertise and identifies the optimum methodology for the implementation of OD changes.
- Capability & Insights
- Leverage ER analytics to develop recommendations for key stakeholders that influence and guide actions against the people strategy.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of federal and local legal developments and leading industry labor relations practices.
- Lead a team of Employ Relations Managers. Responsible for team engagement, performance evaluation and associate development.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.