Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are seeking a Category Manager to strategically source products and services for North America Customer Fulfillment (NACF) Procurement. The person in this role will coordinate with several teams across Amazon and will interact with our most important suppliers to satisfy organizational requirements. The position will work and partner with multiple teams to develop and execute category sourcing strategies, deliver savings and improve productivity across the category. You will work independently and with peers to generate high-quality work product in a collaborative, creative, ever-changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Establish category sourcing strategies, lead cross-functional strategic sourcing teams, negotiate with suppliers and execute contracts to optimize Amazon’s competitive position
- Drive appropriate relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the optimal solution and cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with performance benchmarks in use
- Manage category suppliers to proactively identify, monitor and optimize opportunities
- Act as a market intelligence provider regarding categories; anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed
- Drive category suppliers in Supplier Relationship Management activities to mitigate risk, improve performance and add value to Amazon
- Identify, achieve and report on savings and value targets for category sourcing activities
- Align with internal customers and understand the business application of the category
Key Performance Indicators:
- Earn the trust of key stakeholders to drive alignment with the business
- Create a category strategy in conjunction with internal customers to ensure there is a comprehensive, unified approach for the category.
- Achieve yearly cost saving or value targets appropriate to the category aligned with annual budget processes.
- Define and report on key metrics that measure effectiveness of supply and cost savings
- Champion standards and process improvements
Candidate must be able to travel, up to 30% domestically
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a sourcing, supply chain management or equivalent role
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Suite (MS) tool suite
- Negotiation and supplier relationship experience
- Master’s degree preferred in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Operations, or Analytics
- Lean/Six-Sigma knowledge
- Product Management/Retail Vendor Management experience
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- 2+ years of practiced analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $80,000 – $115,000 per year however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in New York City is $100,000- 150,000(yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.