A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You’ll tackle client’s needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you’ll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA License. International hires are required to hold the equivalent accounting certification in the selected individual’s home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must meet the credential requirements for a PwC US manager in that PwC affiliate firm.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader alongside senior CMAAS practitioners & other professionals (e.g., bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex accounting & financial reporting matters related to deals & other transformational events on a daily basis in areas of focus listed above. This includes demonstrating extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas: Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies & private equity firms on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting, & capital markets topics, including:
- IPOs, debt offerings, private placements, carve-outs and/or spin-offs;
- Acquisitions, alliances/joint ventures, post deal accounting;
- Restructurings, restatements, bankruptcies; and,
- GAAP conversions, change in accounting standards, accounting complexity.
Demonstrates an interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting & other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader managing teams in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Whole Leadership: pursuing opportunities to develop existing and new skills, which are outside of my comfort zone; maintaining positive energy in the face of obstacles or when dealing with complexity; and, acting to resolve issues, which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty;
- Global Acumen: maintaining a fresh perspective on global and cross-cultural issues; developing a perspective on key global trends, including globalization, and how they impact on client challenges; and, sowing my cultural dexterity by modifying my behavior to the environment;
- Relationships: reacting positively and providing well reasoned and self-assured responses, even when challenged; managing a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and creating positive outcomes for all parties; and, managing the expectations of my clients, seeking and acting on client feedback;
- Business Acumen: incorporating up-to-date technology/technology developments in my work; seeking opportunities to add value to client account planning; and, promoting new ideas and services by applying knowledge of the industry/sector and societal trends to create value for clients, PwC and broader stakeholders; and,
- Technical Capabilities: building my knowledge of the firm’s service offerings related to my area of specialization; seeking new learning opportunities to stay technical and relevant; identifying and sharing learnings at the end of a project; and, addressing sub-standard work or work which does not meet the firm’s/clients expectations.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients; and,
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorymanager. 245191 245191WD