A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You’ll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies – all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Requirements:
A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA or Active Member of the Bar
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of, and/or success in roles managing, the performance of financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices including corporate M&A, private equity, post-deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency as it relates to a global network of professional services consulting firms, including the following areas:
- Tax consulting and planning e.g. analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits;
- Transaction structuring for tax issues and corporate restructuring e.g. advising clients on tax-efficient restructuring;
- Due diligence e.g. interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS; and,
- Strategy formulation and financial modeling e.g. performing financial analyses to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with managing financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices, preferably for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas: Applying and interpreting U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to tax due diligence exercises, including Subchapter C corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, corporate bankruptcies and insolvencies, tax efficient structuring and use of debt, the reorganization provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, and technical writing and reviewing of opinion letters and memoranda.
Identifying and addressing client needs by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and leading teams: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a “One Firm” service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients; and,
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements.
Knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradotaxmanager. 280848 280848WD