A career within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Mathematics
Minimum Years of Experience:
8 year(s) of experience with at least 3 years in management within a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor, business process or internal controls specialist.
CIA, CPA or CISA.
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Guiding efforts related to current hot topics for CAEs, IA directors, CCOs, Audit Committees and Risk Management personnel;
- Leading risk management, public accounting practices and procedures, and IA technology tools for planning, design, performance tests, and reporting;
- Leading IA processes, control evaluations, testing methodologies, other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies, and terminology (e.g. COSO);
- Directing, as an industry thought leader, company or firm-wide functions in areas related to overseeing financial, operational and compliance-related engagements such as Corporate Governance, Sarbanes Oxley regulations/requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, financial and operational fraud risk management, Antifraud internal controls, IT general and process controls, including Data Privacy and IT security; anti-corruption and anti-bribery, and auditor Independence; and,
- Demonstrating recognition as an industry subject matter specialist on internal controls, current hot topics and risks, and industry practices, including a proven record of developing thought leadership and sharing leading practices on internal controls, IA functions, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance readiness programs.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Providing oversight and direction during planning sessions with clients at all levels;
- Establishing direction and motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust;
- Leveraging diverse views, encouraging team dialogue, providing candid, meaningful and timely feedback to encourage improvement;
- Facilitating teams to implement innovation as they design, evaluate, and benchmark;
- Understanding of financial and operational processes and controls, identifying key risks and controls, developing and reviewing audit programs, and performing controls optimization;
- Defining resource requirements and project economics areas;
- Directing the creation of deliverables to communicate to clients on the status of engagements, key issues, and work plans;
- Collaborating directly with clients, building, sustaining and utilizing networks of client and target relationships/community involvement and understanding the client’s business;
- Communicating the value propositions of a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials, and being recognized and respected by clients as a knowledgeable valued professional;
- Building, maintaining and employing a network of internal and external relationships while actively identifying and pursuing additional opportunities within and outside of their specific areas of focus; and,
- Understanding the Firm’s Internal Audit strategy and how we deliver it to clients.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.