Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we help our customers build the future with the latest cloud technology. As a leader championing customer success in the Customer Solutions Management organization you will lead a pre-sales team that is responsible for helping guide AWS customers along their multi-year journey to the cloud. You will recruit, develop, and support a group of highly talented individuals that are obsessed with our customers success. Using your experience, you will work with your team, sales and other leaders across AWS to drive strategy, improve customer engagement, solve problems, and foster the rapid growth of the organization.
The Customer Solutions Management (CSM) organization is a presales function that looks after our customers journey throughout adoption and go live, then insures we are continuing to provide value as we increase retention and expand renewals. The team guides our customers through the operational, educational, and governance aspects of a successful AWS cloud journey. They interface with customer and AWS leadership, driving collaboration between other core account groups.
In this role, you will be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer journey and skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new concepts in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and helping to develop out mechanism to help our customers be successful with AWS. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our sales, services, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% as needed
Other qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Enjoy developing talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud adoption experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise customers.
- We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience and love contributing to a shared goal.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in our customers cloud journeys.
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solution Delivery Managers from internal and external sources
- You will own the needs of your team, set and measure goals, coach and mentor employees, and contribute to the overall evolution of the technical delivery function.
- Coach Customer Solution Managers in the skills needed to successful lead virtual teams, manage cadence and have the wherewithal to help our customers work backwards.
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates”
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Basic Qualifications – Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Operations Research, or a related field or 10 years of large scale IT deployment or program experience.
- 10+ years in a technology role
- 5+ years’ experience leading customer-facing teams
Preferred Qualifications – Working knowledge of enterprise cloud strategies, distributed applications, and engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services
- Demonstrated leadership through influence and ability to coach and mentor others
- History that includes managing large technical programs, particularly at high growth startups or Fortune 500 companies
- Working knowledge of Agile practices such as SCRUM, Kanban, or SAFe
- Prior experience working in a Sales organization
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information at the C-suite/VP level
- Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
- Advanced organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change
- Active listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.