Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
It’s official: Amazon Neptune was launched at the AWS re:Invent conference in November, and its going to make a major impact on the database world!
If you want to be a fearless leader in shaping the future of cloud computing and databases, then Amazon Neptune might be a great fit for you.
Amazon Neptune is a fast, scalable, fully-managed graph database service that makes it easy to build and run applications that work with highly connected datasets. The core of Amazon Neptune is a purpose-built, high-performance graph database engine optimized for storing hundreds of billions of relationships and querying with milliseconds latency, allowing you to easily build queries that efficiently navigate highly connected datasets.
Neptune powers graph use cases such as recommendation engines, fraud detection, knowledge graphs, drug discovery, network security, and many more. Amazon Neptune is built for cloud scalability, durability, availability, and performance. Neptune builds on top of foundational AWS services such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB to deliver a simple and cost effective database solution for customers worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated engineer who has no fear of going deep and helping teams to solve the toughest database problems. As an SDE on Neptune, you will design and deliver new technologies and features that drive Neptune’s high availability, reliability and performance guarantees to AWS customers. You will participate in project execution to develop cutting-edge database services.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor in an emerging space that is shaping the future of the industry. We are looking for candidates who will bring deep technical and engineering skills, combined with a passion for agile code development and working in teams with a startup culture within a larger organization.
To learn more about Amazon Neptune visit: https://aws.amazon.com/neptune/
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
– Extensive knowledge of multi-threaded application development
– Deploying services in native cloud globally.
– Expertise in cloud native enterprise product feature development like control plane, native cloud storage, backups, restore, encryption, durability, compliance and availability. (AWS preferred)
– Expertise with High Performance Computing
– Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
– Experience working on database engine development.
– Experience with resource management on a high performance computing system.
– Good understanding of Graph technologies like Gremlin, SPARQL, Cypher, Property Graph, RDF Graph
– Expertise with GPU and multi-node large scale computing.
– Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
– Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
– Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
– Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
– Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
– Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
– Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us