Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking for a smart, team-oriented, highly analytical leader to join the EU Tools/Home Improvement team as Senior Manager, Vendor Management based in London (UK).
The role comprises scaling a business that will delight our customers, continuously improving the Customer Experience, driving profitable growth in partnerships with key brands as well as working closely with our supply chain and fulfillment teams to deliver great results.
The best candidate will have a broad skill set including strong vendor management and negotiations skills, leadership development, analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers. Experience in retail business, analytics, strategic thinking, negotiations and operations are required.
Key job responsibilities
- Improve the customer experience, optimize our offering, and getting the basics right (price, selection, convenience)
- Develop and lead the vendor management team.
- Build strong and sustainable relationships at an executive level with our vendors. Find creative solutions in negotiations and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth
- As a leader within the business you will share best practice across categories, also contributing to the international know how
- Turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight, present these in convincing figures and turn them into action
- Seek out ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity
- Work closely with stakeholder teams (e.g. supply chain, advertising) to align all efforts and deliver results
- University degree ideally in an analytical discipline, e.g. business or engineering
- Vendor Management and buyer experience at a senior level for several years ideally in an e-commerce, retail, key account management or consulting environment
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in building senior level internal and external relationships in a complex and dynamic organization and in influencing cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills and an assertive approach, whilst maintaining your ability to be vocally self-critical
- A smart way of thinking in order to find innovative approaches for vendor management
- A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results-driven mentality combined with a high desire to work strategically
- Highly analytical skill set with aptitude for figures and data-driven argumentation, very good Excel skills are a must
- Experience of managing and developing a high performing team
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Excellent English skills required
- MBA and several years relevant business experience
- Strong commercial experience
- Cross functional experience, especially finance, marketing or supply chain
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and database work, with experience in SQL as a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.