Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
As a Technical Solutions Executive (TSE), you are one of the key factors of success for Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS). You will partner with Mid-Market Sales Executives to drive revenue by proving our customer’s business challenges can be met by the Autodesk Construction Cloud platform and its individual solutions. Coming from the AEC industry, you’ll utilize your experience to identify and uncover our customer’s business needs, develop a strategy, prove value, with the ultimate goal of delivering business outcomes for our customers. In doing this you’ll also develop long-term partnerships in accounts by gaining a clear understanding of a customer’s environment, challenges, and requirements. All while being a part of a bigger, hardworking and fun-loving Technical Sales organization.
- Account Sales Collaboration: In partnership with the Autodesk Construction Solutions Mid-Market Sales Executives, execute on strategy and tactics for closing business and driving expansion, especially cross-product selling opportunities within accounts. Coordinates with global account resources for both ACS and WWFO (such as Customer Success Manager and Account Executive) on account strategy and customer initiatives. Effectively works within a team environment consisting of the entire Autodesk account team, including preconstruction workflow specialists, business development representatives, customer success teams, and partners to provide technical closure. Uses Autodesk company standard sales methodologies to ensure technical closure and alignment with sales strategies. Participates and drives account quarterly business reviews (QBRs) and/or executive briefings, aligning with key customer stakeholders
- Expansion Planning: In alignment with identified customer business initiatives (CBIs), and the rest of the Autodesk account team, this role is responsible for developing and executing a technical expansion plan to meet Autodesk’s revenue goals for Mid-Market customers. Utilizes industry and product expertise to identify the technical requirements and opportunities within each unique customer to develop an achievable strategy to prove that the Autodesk Construction Cloud can deliver the technical requirements needed to satisfy the customer’s positive business outcomes
- Customer Relationship Management:Develops required level of knowledge of customers’ business processes, workflows, and technical requirements in order to build “trusted advisor” relationships with customers. Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of business processes, technology trends, and workflows within their domain of expertise, to provide insight and guidance required to position the value of the Autodesk Construction Cloud. Ensures efficient customer handoffs between the pre-sales team and adoption/deployment teams post-sales. Demonstrates thought leadership at the customer to differentiate Autodesk and gain acceptance that Autodesk is a long-term solution provider. Delivers Autodesk Construction Cloud internal product roadmaps with customers and relays customer feedback to the ACS product team
- Technical Discovery & Solution Fit:Participates in technical discovery in collaboration with the ACS mid-market sales account executive based on pre-established opportunity size or complexity. Collaborates with WWFO mid-market and/or global territory sales (GTS), as needed to position Autodesk Construction Cloud solutions to deliver favorable business outcomes. Working closely with partnerships and technical services teams on integrations for custom workflows through discovery with sales and the customer
- Technical Closure:Responsible for aligning with key customer stakeholders to secure business and technical closure of the proposed solution within Autodesk Construction Cloud. Manages technical evaluations, defines solutions architecture, facilitates product demonstrations, 3rd party engagements, etc. Consults with ACS sales on technical validation and assesses feasibility, correctness and completeness of proposed solutions; applies best practices in solving business problems. Assesses and directs customers regarding strategic product issues to maximize customer satisfaction and product revenue. Documents quantifiable pain as identified in before scenarios, technical decision criteria, and metrics used in the evaluation within Salesforce and within provided collaborative technologies, such as PandaDocs.
- Collaboration: Develops and maintains trusted working relationships with the ACS sales force and adjacent business units such as the Autodesk Worldwide Field Operations (WWFO) team, specifically aligning with the WWFO Sales Mid-Market teams. Works closely with adjacent business resources (e.g. sales management, deployment, adoption, business development, global technical sales, and marketing) participating in, but not limited to the following: 1) Collaborate with ACS product “centers of excellence”, Customer Success programs such as Voice of the Customer, coordinate with deployment teams to implement proposed solutions, and coordinate with ACS marketing for product launches and go-to-market messaging strategy. Oversees and guides these resources within outlined Mid-Market accounts ensuring objectives are satisfied and ensure customer satisfaction and business closure. Coordinates global strategy and account coverage along with support broader decision making in conjunction with enhancing the customer experience with Autodesk. Responsible for collaborating needs of Sales and customer/user base with partnership and technical services teams
- Internal Leadership: Shares best practices, competitive information, innovation, and thought leadership within the sales organization, product divisions, and technical solutions organization locally and globally. Participates in strategic speaking engagements at high profile trade shows, conferences, or internal Autodesk events working in collaboration with ACS marketing teams. Interacts and communicates with the various business units of Autodesk Construction Solutions to ensure that Named Accounts needs are met. Provides answers and shares knowledge on technical product as well as integration information. Participates in mentorship and on-boarding of new ACS technical solutions professionals during their first six weeks.Maintains and promotes the value of his/her domain expertise to all Sales channels via a variety of knowledge sharing mechanisms
- Participating and/or leading one-on-one and team sessions with peers, colleagues, partners, and customers that highlight business objectives/issues and resolution
- Developing, delivering, and leading Autodesk product strategy workshops for internal Autodesk employees
- Establishes and maintains industry leadership through comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of the technologies of her/his domain, and insight into the industry practices, business processes, applications, and solutions the domain impacts and is impacted upon by the global technology marketplace. Influences industry ecosystems through the following activities:
o Leveraging social media networks, sites, and tools to build personal and Autodesk brand to establish credibility
o Developing/delivering presentations to user groups and one-to-many, scalable approaches
o Participating in regional/national conferences by developing and delivering presentations or workshops consistent with Autodesk messaging
o Participating in professional or domain specific associations
- 3-5+ years of experience in the AEC industry
- General understanding of SaaS Technology and Sales
- Are results-driven and has a consistent track record of successful projects
- Hungry, humble, and smart with advanced soft skills
- Analytical, detail-oriented and a master multitasker
- A technology ‘guru’ who can easily distill complex workflows / solutions for various AEC audiences
- You’re an overall genuine person and team player who’s forward-thinking and passionate about moving the industry forward
- Entrepreneurial and thrive in a dynamic environment
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.