Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
At Autodesk, we are obsessed with building tools for people who imagine, design, and make a better world for the 10 billion people living on our planet. Our clients make the tallest buildings in the world, innovate on new green, affordable housing for low income communities, put rockets into space, 3d print affordable prosthetic limbs, and bring stories and experiences to life that leap off the screen and inspire the world. Helping those teams do what they do better, faster and with less negative impact on the world is the mission that pulls us all out of bed every morning.
We’re on the search for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our Product Design and Manufacturing Solutions (PDMS) team! As Administrative Assistant, you’ll provide administrative support to 2 Senior Directors in Data and Process Management, by acting as a facilitator and liaison for the teams. You will perform a wide range of tasks, handle details of a confident and critical nature, while using your experience to proactively address potential problems and ensure an efficiently functioning team. This role will be based in our Toronto Office.
- Manages and maintains calendars. schedules, plans, and coordinates events and meetings onsite and offsite, including research and preparation of meeting materials. Proactively prepare agendas and meeting materials, record meeting minutes, and coordinate all meeting logistics, including working with the Autodesk special events team as needed. Ensures meeting attendees have appropriate information including directions and maps. May track action items and communicate status
- Makes business travel arrangements and manages and communicates travel itineraries. May manage travel accounts including mileage cards. Works closely with Corporate Travel to schedule and change itineraries. May research and obtain travel visas. In some cases, may travel with executive
- Work with team to arrange virtual and in person team offsites including organizing of logistics, on site amenities and activities
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with staff, internal departments and outside parties, including high-level contacts of a sensitive nature. Manages information flow within and outside of division or business unit
- Maintains confidential material related to employees and company operations
- Pro-actively escalates issues that need manager’s immediate attention
- May maintain email aliases, distribution lists and shared directories, including maintaining permissions. Organize quarterly All Hands meeting in person and via zoom webinar
- Tracks executive expenses and generates expense reports. Monitors purchasing software system notifications and approves on behalf of executive if appropriate. Works with Accounts Payable in order to ensure department bills are paid in a timely manner. May serve as point person for departmental purchases, including but not limited to PC tracking and overall asset management. May manage budget and departmental costs, including reclassifications as necessary. Responsible for general office administration tasks such as filing, copying, collating/stapling, etc. May work with Facilities department to coordinate space planning for division or business unit
- Creates presentations and maintains organization charts. May be responsible for maintaining and updating websites, including building or redesigning pages
- 2-3 years’ experience providing administrative support for executives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, time management, and self-starter mentality
- Willing to adapt to rapidly changing environment and new processes and responsibilities
- Proven ability to work under pressure, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Mac and Windows operating systems and related business applications such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Team player who is results-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to events or internal meetings, locally and internationally as needed
The Ideal Candidate
- You have a lot of initiative and are a self-starter. You enjoy working on complex assignments with a team or by yourself to get things done
- You enjoy working with other people-You believe that a high functioning team is critical to success. You enjoy reaching out and building productive working relationships with people across all levels and take a customer service orientation when supporting the team
- You are a successful multi-tasker-You know how to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities at a single time and ensure things are done on time and within budget
- Extremely organized-You can maintain large amounts of information in an organized way
- Adaptable-You work well in fast-paced environments, you’re a quick learner, and always ready to lend a hand
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.