- Director, First Republic Securities Company - San Francisco, CA
- Administrative Assistant, Bank Operations - San Francisco, CA
- Business Analyst, Bank Operations - San Francisco, CA
- Business Analyst, Bank Operations - San Francisco, CA
- Project Manager, Bank Operations - San Francisco, CA
First Republic Bank
First Republic was founded on the belief that a truly differentiated culture is devoted to exceptional client service in the banking industry.
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
The Bank’s SOX Program Office (SPO) is responsible for evaluating the design of the Bank’s control framework to ensure compliance with SOX requirements. SPO is also responsible for testing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of SOX in-scope controls. Additionally, for any deficiencies identified, SPO performs testing of the remediated controls. SPO communicates any deficiencies, control gaps, remediated controls, and testing results to senior/executive management and the Bank’s External Auditors. SPO also works with SOX Liaisons and process/control owners across the Bank and its subsidiaries to ensure that the Bank maintains relevant documentation related to SOX compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT Senior Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading the IT related components of the Bank’s Corporate SOX Program, acting as an advisor to the lines of business across the Bank and its subsidiaries, and helping grow the SOX Program Office (SPO) team through hiring well qualified professionals reporting up to this role. The Bank’s fast pace of growth provides career development (e.g., work directly with senior and executive management) and learning opportunities (e.g., new system implementations) considering the role’s Bank-wide exposure. The SOX IT Senior Manager will also actively participate in decision-making related to the program overall.
The SOX IT Senior Manager will work closely with lines of business SOX Liaisons to ensure that Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) are appropriately designed and are operating effectively, SOX compliant control documentation is maintained and that any deficiencies identified are assessed for severity, remediated, and reported to the SOX Reporting Committee. In addition, the SOX IT Senior Manager will be an important stakeholder in implementations related to new systems and new accounting standards while assessing their impact on the Bank’s ICOFR.
The SOX IT Senior Manager will report to the Vice President, Head of Corporate SOX Program, and will work with a mix of direct, indirect, and external team members to manage and execute the program. In addition, the SOX IT Senior Manager will be viewed as a resource in special projects related to new system implementations and upgrades while assessing their impact on SOX and ICOFR.
What you’ll do as the Senior Manager, IT SOX:
– Work closely with the VP, SOX Program, and the SOX Business Process Managers in completing the annual SOX scoping and risk assessment, as well as support the annual Fraud Risk Assessment project, to ensure compliance with COSO standards and appropriate scoping and coverage of the SOX Program.
– Coordinate with the lines of business IT SOX Liaison teams (e.g., Information Security, Information Services, Enterprise Data & Client Insights, Vendor Management, Accounting Financial Systems Support, etc.) as related to IT SOX activities, including controls walkthroughs, testing, and any deficiency remediation activities.
– Lead and be responsible for IT SOX testing with the identification and documentation of IT SOX Controls in coordination with the SOX Business Process Managers. Assist the business in enhancing their documentation which is now house in our workflow automation tool AuditBoard.
– Assess IT ICOFR deficiencies and monitor IT remediation activities. Conclude on the effectiveness of IT ICOFR.
– Work closely with the Bank’s Vendor Management group, and SOX Liaisons to help identify End User Controls and SOC 1 Report Assessments by the lines of business.
– Work directly with the Bank’s external auditors to ensure the SOX Program meets their requirements in terms of scope, timing and approach, to maximize reliance on SPO’s work; be a key contact for the external auditors related to IT SOX matters.
– Support the VP, SOX Program in the preparation of IT related materials for the SOX Reporting Committee.
– Ensure the overall IT workpapers quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to the Corporate SOX Policy.
– Support the team as a Subject Matter Expert on IT SOX controls (e.g., ITGCs, ITACs, etc.), COSO compliance, ICOFR best practices, and the continuous enhancement of SPO’s workflow processes with the expanding rollout of additional AuditBoard automation functionalities.
– Assist in recruiting, developing and mentoring of new staff, including career-counseling support by sharing information among the SOX Program Office team, transferring knowledge and providing instructions/guidance as appropriate. Foster and maintain group spirit and high team morale.
– Be viewed as a leader, management consultant, and internal controls expert as part of building and maintaining ongoing relationships with the various lines of business included in the Bank’s SOX process.
– Responsibilities also include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
– Ten or more years of IT SOX related experience (with five or more years in a managerial people supervisory role). Should have in-depth knowledge focused on IT SOX, ITGCs, ITACs, ICOFR, COSO Framework, and baseline understanding of business process controls.
– Big 4 Accounting Firm experience is strongly preferred.
– Prefer banking and/or financial services experience primarily focused on IT SOX or IT internal audit, IT enterprise-wide risk management and ICOFR controls consulting.
– Ability to define deliverables, build budgets and project plans, align resources and specialists for project teams.
– Strong project management skills and organizing ability with successful experience in concurrently managing multiple projects at varying levels of technical difficulty at the same time.
– Strong teamwork, analytical, and communication skills (both oral and written).
– Professional certification(s), such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), CPA, CFA, CIA and/or PMP are a plus.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
– Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
– Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability-that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.