Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.Job Description
The Square Marketing team is responsible for driving awareness and consideration of Square’s brand, purpose, and product solutions in order to generate demand and ultimately revenue for the business. Our Dublin-based EU Marketing team is growing rapidly and looking for an experienced content marketer to play a critical role in bringing our mission of economic empowerment to Europe. Reporting to the EU Head of Integrated Marketing your impact will be felt across critical paid, owned and earned surfaces.
You will lead the programme for our owned and paid editorial marketing channels across Europe, overseeing the strategy and best practices across multiple markets. You’ll be responsible for developing and publishing a regular cadence of content including articles, case studies, white papers, and e-books and developing our strategy for wider distribution through our owned channels. You will also collaborate with external partners and agencies on paid editorial partnerships.
On the social media front, you’ll be responsible for bringing our social channels to life through planning, and publishing cross-channel social media content. You will plan monthly and longer-term content calendars, across owned and paid social channels. You’ll own, and report on the in market social channel performance and be responsible for the management of those channels on a day to day basis.
We offer remote working opportunities within the Republic of Ireland.
- Develop and implement our editorial strategy across EU markets.
- Establish ways of working and best practices with internal and external stakeholders for the editorial content.
- Work closely with our SEO team to develop our SEO strategy.
- Be responsible for driving the growth of our organic public web traffic through distribution and promotional strategies.
- Own the editorial calendar, including tent-pole content (white papers, case studies and seller content).
- Report on the performance of channels and content efforts.
- Work with our beta team to identify new hero sellers and work with those sellers to tell their story
- Develop monthly and long term social content calendars, develop content, schedule activity and create amazing social narratives.
- Work with our in-market partners on content, events and activities.
- Provide impeccable financial stewardship. You’ll ensure budget asks are grounded in sound data and strategy. You’ll also forecast and monitor spend with precision and efficiency.
- Develop and implement content through owned social channels, working closely with our media agency on paid promotional strategies.
- 4+ years experience in content-forward marketing roles (e.g. social media, editorial, content marketing etc.)
- Fluency in French and English
- Experience in editorial content strategy, production and distribution.
- The ability to think strategically and develop content based on brand, product, and/or educational narratives
- Excellence in managing concurrent and high-velocity workstreams.
- Experience with social, content management and analytics platforms
- An energetic and willing attitude
- Experience working across multiple European markets.
- Design and creative skills including experience using design tools like Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Figma
- Experience writing long-format content
- Experience working with or knowledge of Demand Gen and Lead Gen best practices
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.