Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
In this highly visible role, you will work with many varied teams covering business, support and tech across both the device and broader Amazon organizations. You will manage the go-to-market for new hardware and software for Fire Tablets across Europe. You will manage the product roadmap, drive device engagement and work closely with sales teams across all channels to ensure your product category reaches its maximum potential.
Our ideal candidate will have deep product management experience, consumer marketing experience, and a demonstrated ability to define business requirements and drive technical projects to completion.
You must be comfortable working both at the strategic level and diving deep into implementation as needed for major launches (managing campaigns, writing business requirements and analyzing data). You will show hustle, take ownership and help foster a high-energy, high-performance culture.
We are a small team with a single threaded focus on continuing to make our devices products that our customers love and we only have room for those that share our vision and our passion.
Amazon Fire Tablets have millions monthly active users, and customers globally have access to tens of thousands of apps, Alexa skills, and more. Our growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit, unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The Amazon Fire Tablet team is seeking a dynamic marketing leader to own go-to-market and product marketing strategies for Fire Tablet devices across Europe. This role will help to define hero product features, customer targeting and positioning, packaging design, forecasting, and pricing. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working both at the strategic level and diving deep into implementation as needed for major launches.
This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the company. This role is based in London.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Act as product evangelist internally and externally to all associated teams. Own the Fire Tablet product category in Europe end to end.
- Lead the launch and go-to-market strategy for all new tablet products (hardware, software, services). The strategy and execution covers all channels and interfacing with all teams involved in launch to ensure a seamless successful product launch.
- Establish the product mission, goals, and supporting business metrics and indicators for success including sales, customer retention and customer engagement. Work with associated teams to track the goals, identify trends and take actions to address any problems.
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers. Work closely with the product development team to define European customer product needs and get them prioritized for design and release.
- Research and identify new opportunities for Amazon to further distinguish itself as the clear leader in the devices business.
Key job responsibilities
- Own product marketing and go-to-market for a subset of Fire TV devices
- Work with a cross-functional team across business, finance, marketing, merchandising, product development, design and operations
- Conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting
- Be the lead senior-level product marketing voice in roadmap and product development cycles
- Drive cross-functional go-to-market discussions and actions through launch
- Work with the research teams to identify, scope, and execute qualitative and quantitative research to inform our product marketing strategies
- Multiple years of experience in product/consumer marketing
- Multiple years of experience in digital, high-tech, or CPG companies
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen (strong bias for action)
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to think creatively with minimal direction
- Experience working cross-functionally across Marketing, Product Management, Finance, Operations, Analytics, and Research
- Analytical thinker: able to deliver deep insights that lead to novel approaches
- Superior communication skills
- Strong project management experience and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and highly visible projects
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.