VMware Carbon Black
VMware Carbon Black provides transformative solutions that create a world safe from cyberattacks.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enables more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. We’re defining and delivering a world class customer experience for our SaaS/Subscription, Hybrid and perpetual offers.
As a Product Line Manager within our Chief Digital Transformation Office, you’ll be at the forefront of defining and driving product strategy, identifying key outcomes and driving to achieve success metrics across the marketing domain.
Specifically and working closely with the marketing growth team, you will be responsible for driving the transformation of our customers’ learn-try-buy-consume experience across our SaaS portfolio by instilling a product-led approach and building the right marketing capabilities to support. You will have opportunities for innovation, increased efficiencies, and outsized impact. You will help build highly personalized experiences that span every digital touchpoint.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of and drive VMware’s multi-year SaaS strategy by leading key initiatives and driving cross functional alignments throughout the various phases of the customer journey.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Build an expertise in the marketing domain and the capabilities you will own.
- Work with Marketing product team to define and drive product strategy, identifying key outcomes and success metrics
- Build a roadmap for the Marketing business capabilities you own
- Develop a strong working relationship with business partners, which includes our Marketing team, our product teams and other Business functions etc.
- Influence and drive continuous improvements of product/solution development life cycle processes, practices, and initiatives
- Strong execution of the roadmap with collaboration from Business Owners and Engineering teams
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Implementation of a product led approach to complement our sales led strategy
- Support the product growth and associated marketing teams translating their desired outcomes into capabilities that form a product roadmap
- Collaborate with engineering, business development and data analytics teams to ship new, impactful platform capabilities that accelerate our time to value
- Understand the SaaS customer journey for enterprise software and incorporate industry standards and best practices
- Good understanding of the Marketing domain including Marketing Strategy, Demand Generation, Demand Management, Brand, Content & Asset Management, Customer Experience, Sales Collaboration, Data, Analytics & Insights
- Formulate hypotheses and validate them through various tests & experiments
- Drive collaboration with your team by facilitating workshops and activities, aligning team members on product outcomes, bringing clarity where there is ambiguity, and keeping everyone aligned throughout delivery
- Utilize data analytics, research, product reviews, user feedback and product testing to ensure consistency and quality across all end user features
- Collaborate with product line managers on cross-domain initiatives; track and mitigate product risks and participate in domain level discussions focused on – Marketing, Sales, Multi-tier RTM & Partner Management, Deal management & CPQ, offer, billing & payment, knowledge & enablement, Customer Success, Customer Support, and subscription lifecycle management
- Plan and optimize for change as we commit to continuous incremental improvements
- Influence product portfolios teams to incorporate capabilities and measurements that are needed to achieve improvements in customer outcomes
- Evangelize our Product-Led-Growth strategy across the organization
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The Product Line Manager will be reporting to Sr. Director – Product Management in Chief Digital Transformation Office in VMware. She/ He currently leads the Product Management team based out of India, that comprises of highly experienced Product Managers covering SaaS and Subscription offers, Sales, Marketing, Deal Management, Order Management, Billing, Professional Services and Education domains. This creates a vibrant and enriching culture to grow and learn from each other. Individuals are provided high amount of empowerment and autonomy to drive critical product lines with a strong emphasis on VMware EPIC2 values.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.