- Amazon - Front Desk Trainer for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- Amazon - Corporate Receptionist (Seattle) for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- Amazon - Corporate Receptionist Trainer for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- Game Producer, Art Outsourcing, Amazon Games - Seattle, WA
- Amazon Robotics - Applied Scientist II Intern - Summer 2023 - Seattle, WA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Forager Team is responsible for identifying exciting and delicious regional suppliers to include in our Amazon Fresh assortment. This new team will play a key role in differentiating the selection in our stores and tying them to our local communities. We are looking for experienced and passionate builders that combine a passion for food with an entrepreneurial owner mindset.
Key job responsibilities
The Local Sourcing Manager will work within a region, seeking out the best local growers, producers and manufacturers. They will hear their stories and taste their food, identifying those they want to bring to shelf. You partner closely with our Category teams as serve as the primary liaison to the local suppliers in your region. You will be expected to drive the business growth, lead negotiation of terms and support, and drive new merchandising and marketing programs.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Working backward from customers’/partners’ needs, and the creation of a regional assortment strategy
- Identification, sourcing and onboarding of local suppliers
- Monitoring key performance metrics initiatives to drive business growth as well as customer experience
- Working cross-functionally and across categories with business and technology teams, local business and operations leaders, executives of external partners, and other business functions (e.g. Finance, Legal).
- Customer Obsession: you are the first advocator of customer needs. Put yourself in customer shoes always!
- Think Big: you start from ambitious long term vision and take innovative approach to get there faster
- Earn Trust: Your success is based on multiple dependencies. Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders is critical to success. Be active in listening to their goals, priorities, and situation
- Invent and Simplify: our business is complex, but complexity will not lead scale. You are encouraged to be innovative and disruptive
- Are Right a Lot: you choose the right option in highly ambiguous, competing, and complex situation.
A day in the life
There are no typical days at Amazon. As a Local Sourcing Manager one day you may be meeting with local suppliers in your region, and then next presenting to VP leadership on new ideas and programs, and the next day helping a Category Manager deep dive a customer anecdote and get to an escalation root cause. But what is consistent is always have your team’s goals and progress top of mind, providing the team prioritization clarity, giving quick clear feedback, meeting with key stakeholders to ensure alignment, and looking around corners to anticipate problems that may affect customers.
- 5+ years experience in negotiations and vendor/account/supplier management
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills, comfortable with complex financial data
- Highly polished communication skills – speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Demonstrated passion for food
- Experience in regional/local sourcing programs
- Experience in new projects or programs
- Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.