Discord is a voice, video, and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests.
With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. We’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale Discord to diverse communities around the world.
At the heart of these communities are the admins and creators who build and manage them. As we build more features and tooling for this audience we need to ensure we build the right programs and business models to best support, onboard, and retain them.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help identify and structure our support programs, build new strategic initiatives, and even incubate new roles. You will need to work cross-functionally across product, operations, and marketing teams to identify gaps and opportunities in our current support structures and deliver strategies to improve our acquisition and retention efforts for creators and communities.
You will report to the Head of Creator & Community Product Marketing
What you’ll be doing
- Evaluate partner support architecture: work with our Community Programs team to think through architecture for programs like our Partner or Verified Programs. Make recommendations for tiering of creators and operational and product support necessary.
- Scope new business opportunities: help evaluate new business models like Creator Tooling or Commerce and the systems and processes needed to scale them within Discord.
- Identify new verticals or markets for acquisition: define new potential areas for creator and community acquisition and determine potential GTM needs including partnership or operational constraints.
What you should have
- You love solving new problems where we are still defining the roadmap
- You have 6+ years in product marketing or business strategy/operations
- You are passionate about the online community and creator economy spaces
- You have experience working with partnership and operation teams to build new support and business models
- You’re able to build clear business frameworks using data to help structure cross functional team thinking
- Experience leading international launches or scaling products globally
- Experience with revenue products
- Consulting experience or MBA
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $175,000/year + equity and benefits
Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $140,000/year + equity and benefits
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-KS1 #LI-Remote
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests – from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!