Capital One is a nationally recognized and high-tech business banking company, offering better customized consumer and commercial lending and deposit financial services.
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Card Marketing and Senior Business Counsel
The Capital One Legal Department will allow you to showcase your talents and be yourself in a fast-paced, fun environment. At Capital One, you work with highly driven and intelligent individuals who will help elevate you to a new level. If you enjoy working as part of a team of high performing top talent, Capital One is the place for you!
Our Legal team thrives on collaboration and creates an environment where everyone’s voice is heard. This exciting role will allow you to use your depth and breadth of experience to strategize and influence management, as well as the business line you support. In addition, you will have the opportunity to enhance your skills and broaden your knowledge. Come to Capital One to be a part of challenging work while enjoying our exceptional culture and work life balance.
About the Role
The Card Legal Team is seeking an attorney to advise our credit card business. This role is perfect for attorneys who are new to in-house and interested in being introduced to a Fortune 100 company through its largest and most prominent line of business.
The attorney in this role will partner with a bright and dynamic group of legal professionals from several different areas across the Legal Department. This role will advise the business team responsible for Capital One’s credit card products on a wide array of topics, focusing on marketing to new and existing customers, strategizing about new products and services, and ensuring that we execute on promises made to consumers.
This position will report to a Vice President, Senior Associate General Counsel in Card Legal.
- Providing legal advice to Capital One’s consumer credit card business
- Understanding business client needs and providing appropriate solutions to achieve desired outcome
- Collaborating with team members and key stakeholders inside and outside the Legal Department
- Ensuring project deliverables and timelines are met
- This position will entail regular interactions with senior business partners, Legal Department subject matter experts, and other business attorneys in a fast-paced environment
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Active member in good standing of at least one state bar
- At least 4 years of experience as an attorney in a law firm, in-house legal department, or government agency
- 5+ years of experience as an attorney in a law firm, in-house legal department and/or government agency doing work related to the financial service industry
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and flexibility to adapt to changing needs
- Ability and desire to learn new areas of law
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).