Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Outbound Communications is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to experiment and optimize the content and creative strategy for Amazon’s Email, Push, SMS and emerging communication channels. We are responsible for the transmission of messages to all of Amazon’s customers and deliver over 350 million messages a day. In close partnership with our Product and Engineering teams, you will create successful channel and content strategies, execute well-structured experiments, scale successful programs, and optimize performance across categories against clear, and jointly shared, goals. You will be focused on building and implementing a global strategy that is inclusive of events, cross-category evergreen content, new content formats, and strategic business priorities.
Our goal is to delight Amazon customers worldwide with inspiring content and help them fulfill their shopping missions. We do this by driving awareness and discovery of Amazon’s products and services. We meet customers at their preferred communication channel(s) with the most relevant content, at the right time and frequency. You will own all traffic-driving initiatives that delight our customers with elevated creative and cross-category discovery. You will regularly partner with engineering and analytics teams to not only scale and automate, but to innovate on behalf of our customers. You will establish best practices for measuring and reporting on channel results. This role is highly autonomous and visible, and you have proven ability to influence stakeholders and partners to achieve goals, can work effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate strongly with leaders.
Our team understands the importance of location for your life-work balance, so the position can be fully remote within EU and US timezones, or be office based. Our team is international with presence in Seattle and New York in the US; Canada, Europe, and India.
Key job responsibilities
- Create the global marketing strategy for innovative automated programs including compelling and new content.
- Partner with analytics, product and engineering teams to develop new, global programs, automating where possible.
- Define experiments and optimize to drive meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Define and own goals, including unlocking new business strategies and channels.
- Communicate results regularly with internal stakeholders and teams to iterate on opportunities.
- Present strategy, learnings, and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Track, measure, and report on channel results, contributing to business reviews regularly.
- 6+ years of progressive responsibility and experience in online marketing, product management, and/or digital advertising.
- Experience in online marketing channels such as merchandising and/or display advertising.
- Deep analytical abilities, especially with respect to experimental design and analysis.
- High standards for marketing execution and commitment to delivering results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, specifically to executive leadership.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver results while in new situations, then put defined processes in place.
- Passion for outstanding creative and engaging marketing.
- Excellent knowledge of online advertising including creative, content, attribution, execution, and analysis.
- Proven track record of successful online marketing experiments.
- Strong technical competency and ability to learn new systems and partner with tech teams.
- MBA or equivalent master’s degree is a plus.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $142,800-193,200/yr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.