Signify is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services, transforming how lighting is used to enhance the human experience in the places where people live and work.
We’re looking for a Technical project leader to join our WiZ connected, R&D in Shanghai.
Working for WiZ, member of the larger Signify group, means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry. For more information about WiZ, please visit https://www.wizconnected.com
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Technical project leader you’ll be responsible for bringing the concept, defined by the Architect and Product Marketing, to a product ready for mass production and within the quality and BOM-cost targets.
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you’ll do
· Defines the technical risks of the project and develops scenarios to overcome these risks
· Gives input for the project plan to the Integral Project Leader
· Gives feedback on manufacturability of the concept
· Lead technical project team to realize concepts and technical analysis during the development phase
· Is responsible for implementation and realization according to the project plan (specification, quality, time, money, information) and organization
· Reports on the progress of the project with an agreed frequency to the IPL
· Ensures that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the project results and the associated knowledge
· Takes the lead in derived product developments, such as sustaining improvement, incremental changes or portfolio extension
· Take ownership to communicate outside of technical project teams (like, industry, quality… and vendors)
· Maintain the released products (performance improvement, issue solving, products transfer to different EMS vendor…)
· At least years’ experience in product creation (from concept to mass production) and in directing projects in relevant technological areas
· Optical, Electronics, Mechanical (Bachelor level or higher) background is preferred
· IP Camera product development experience is a must
· Understand the architecture of IP Camera system (eg HW Backend / Software)
· Understand the architecture of WiFi system
· Experienced in managing ODM suppliers, understand the key components (building blocks) of IP Camera and its ecosystem
· Specific knowledge of relevant area of application (IP camera / other IoT devices)
· Rich Project Manager experience is a must
· Knowledge of project management methods
· Knowledge and understanding of disciplines with which co-operation takes place
· Green belt knowledge on DFSS and/or Value Engineering is plus
· Hands on mentality
· Organizational talent, team player
· Power of persuasion, able to convey enthusiasm
· Able to perform in a dynamic environment
· Sense of urgency and high resilience level
· Strong execution and ability of driving for result
· Ability to work under stress and ambiguity
· Strong oral English skill
· Experience in managing remote teams and/or foreign suppliers (Eastern Europe, Asia) will be considered as a plus.
· Experience in cooperation with global technical teams is a plus
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!