Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for intelligent connected systems and offers a comprehensive, edge-to-cloud software portfolio.
Product Marketing Line Manager
ABOUT WIND RIVER
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to help the world’s leading technology companies power mission-critical intelligent systems. Our software is enabling the new machine economy and accelerating digital transformation across industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 7 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Product Marketing Line Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the outbound product and solution strategy to grow Wind River as a global leader in the embedded systems and intelligent edge industries. The candidate for this position will focus on positioning Wind River’s portfolio in critical use cases in the Aerospace, Defense, Industrial, and Medical Industries. This person will develop unique value propositions and compelling content, go-to-market strategies, and long-term marketing plans. In addition, this person will be responsible for delivering demand generation programs that deliver marketing qualified leads for each vertical market. This position requires significant collaboration with sales, product management, vertical business leads, and alliances. You must be able to influence, motivate and lead key stakeholders and cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is a senior-level business-minded professional with domain experience and competitive fire to win.
Key Accountabilities & Expectations
- Build and execute the product marketing strategy to grow business in the Aerospace, Defense, Industrial, and Medical markets.
- Create and execute compelling customer-facing content
- Build and execute marketing programs that drive demand and thought leadership
- Developer close alignment with key stakeholders
- Conduct market research and apply data to drive decisions
- Plan and oversee the launch of new products and solutions in partnership with sales, product management, corporate marketing, vertical business development, alliances, and other leadership teams
- Ensure Product Marketing initiatives and communications are consistent with corporate strategy, including the value proposition of the products and communicating it to internal and external audiences.
- Develop sales enablement content and assets
- Measure and report performance of product marketing initiatives, gain insight and assess against goals – report back out internally and to senior management
- Create positioning and messaging for products targeting multiple use cases and personas
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- 15+ years of product marketing experience in the embedded industry
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to receive ITAR status
- Deep vertical market experience related to aerospace, defense, industrial, and medical industries
- Familiar with safety and security standards
- Strategic thinker with the ability to implement and execute
- Must be able to concisely communicate and write both short and long-form product and solution collateral
- Strong understanding of the embedded industry ecosystems, standards bodies, and certification requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the entire marketing mix – experience building and leading GTM plans across a breadth of traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies
- Proven ability to develop marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to senior management
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence Sr. leaders in a highly matrixed organization across Engineering, Sales, and Marketing.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience with PR, social, and market tools
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, including experience working with and leading research
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics, and spreadsheets
- Passion and sense of humor desired a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Sales related field
- MBA or equivalent preferred.