Intel is an innovative technology company that uses artificial intelligence to elevate multiple industries.
Public Sector, Industry Technical Specialist
Join a dynamic and high performing team of technical sales professionals solving complex and high impact digital services challenges for Federal customers. Intel is recruiting a superbly qualified candidate for a Technical Specialist Role on our Public Sector Sales team. We are seeking technical specialists with deep experience in Federal IT workloads including HW, SW, Networking, Cloud, HPC, and AI. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of Client and Datacenter solutions including server, networking, storage technologies at a technical level.
This is a strategically critical role for Intel. A successful candidate will have demonstrable experience and a successful track record selling to the Federal Gov’t and Defense and Intelligence Community.
The Intel Technical Specialist will work with our end customers, the SI/DIB community, our ecosystem of partners which include OEM, ISV, CSP, VAR, and across Intel to help match technology and solutions to our customer’s mission. This is a technology sales and thought leadership position to enable Intel technology design-in across the DOD/IC and Federal market.
We are looking for a motivated team player that has a deep understanding of the Fed/DOD environment and the technology environment deployed from the edge to the cloud across the business-warfighting-intelligence-cyber mission areas and land-air-maritime-space-cyberspace domains.
They will have the skills, temperament, credibility, and knowledge to operate in a highly complex environment. They will work with advanced technology, a network of diverse embedded, IT, OT, AI, telecomm, space, security ecosystem partners, and be capable of engaging our customers and partners at a technical level from program level up to the C-suite.
In this commissioned and technical sales role, a successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Driving the adoption and preference for Intel-based technologies from Edge to Cloud.
- Directly supporting the Deal Win / Design win pipeline closure driven by Account Executives.
- Connect current Intel/ecosystem technology to Federal/DoD/IC missions making them more effective or efficient and enabling more mission capability in next generation systems running on Intel
- Cultivate, educate, and engage customer technologists responsible for determining and selecting HW technology, SW stacks, and workload placement on-prem or in the cloud.
- Manage Intel’s engagement with the technical ecosystem partners OEM’s/HW providers, ISV’s/software vendors, CSP’s/cloud service provider to drive the preference of Intel technology based solutions.
- Identify and foster creation, as necessary, of consumable deliverables that impact mission capability. Some examples are products, reference designs, presentations, demonstrations, white papers, government proposals written content, benchmarks, program technical support, competitive perspective.
- Understand the customers business use cases for cloud, the technical merits of cloud vs. on premise, and the TCO value proposition; identify gaps or opportunities and execute sales strategies that result in wining and deploying solutions on Intel based Cloud Solutions.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Employ ‘solution and consultative based selling’ to influence customers decisions toward the best Intel based cloud solutions.
- Have experience in supporting large scale complex enterprise solutions decision making spanning technology deployment from Edge to Cloud.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Enterprise IT, Cloud, HPC, AI, IOT software solution stacks including compute, orchestration, infrastructure management, as well as storage and networking solutions.
- Possess knowledge of Cloud computing, containerization technologies/Kubernetes, database design, data warehousing, ETL/data ops, and security
- Exhibit a solid understanding of Enterprise IT and Cloud software trends and solutions, including Virtualization/Software-Defined Data Center, Containers/Function-as-a-Service, Big Data Analytics, Database, Application Middleware, HPC, Machine Learning, Security, Storage and Networking
- Work in a collaborative team environment, within the account team and with business unit and partner teams, coordinating the right resources to produce preference for Intel.
- Be the voice of the customer; encapsulate customer-/market-feedback into the Intel business-units/development teams to shape future product/technologies and customer engagement.
- Utilize excellent time management and organizational skills to prioritize tasks in a very interrupt driven environment including pipeline management
- Stay current and familiar with emerging vertical and horizontal technologies, products and technology trends
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and collaboration skills. Good relationship building skills are necessary, including the ability to build a rapport and communicate effectively with all levels of Intel and the customer.
- Knowledge of the open source, marketplace offerings, and services within the cloud ecosystem.
- A desire to make a HUGE impact on customer trying to solve complex problems.
- Thrive on establishing long term customer relationships
- Comfortable leading customer presentations
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. This Position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical or business field.
- 2+ years of technical sales experience.
- 2+ years of experience in successfully influencing end customers consumption of IT
- 5+ experience or knowledge of the application of complex and emerging Intel technologies in the domains of Cloud, Edge, 5G, AI, Autonomy, and Cyber to Federal/DOD/IC mission and solutions.
- Technical certifications
- Candidate based in the Washington DC Metro area.
- Qualify for a US government security clearance.
- 2+ years of:
- Extensive knowledge of IT, IOT, and cloud partner ecosystem
- Experience working with customers in their hardware and software development lifecycle
- Experience helping customers navigate workload location between public cloud and on-prem
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customer voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.
US, Washington, D.C.;Virtual US and Canada
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here
USExperienced HireJR0196473FairfaxSales and Marketing