American Express is a global services company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible – and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle service networks, serving Card Members across 23 markets. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides exclusive access to best-in-class travel and lifestyle programs and benefits, extraordinary service, and unrivaled expertise to Card Members seeking leisure or business travel.
With a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and a pulse on evolving travel trends and innovation, the Global Strategic Partnerships and Marketing (GPM) organization is shaping the future of travel and transforming the value proposition of TLS travel benefits to maintain our strength in the leisure travel industry. GPM leads negotiations with travel supplier partners to provide premium Card Members access to a trusted network of carefully curated properties, brands, and best-in-class benefits. We reciprocate for our supplier partners through a focused, data-driven marketing strategy designed to increase customer engagement and revenue growth for strategic partners and for TLS.
This Senior Manager will sit on the Marketing team within GPM and be focused on growing Premium Card Member engagement with TLS in the US. They will define TLS’s go-to-market strategy across channels and work across American Express to influence overall travel marketing strategy. Part strategist, part project manager, part leader with vision, this role is an outstanding opportunity to supervise multi-channel marketing strategy in the exciting and constantly evolving travel industry, while finding new ways to bring Membership to life.
- Build overarching, omnichannel go-to-market approach for American Express Travel (TLS’s consumer-facing brand), taking into account:
- Insights from Card Member data and external research
- TLS programs, benefits, offers, and any new launches
- Other American Express marketing
- Card Member journeys
- Partner marketing requirements
- Channel cadence/targeting
- Work closely with TLS Analytics team to define data needed to build insights that will inform marketing strategy
- Supplement proprietary data with consumer sentiment, competitive intelligence, and other inputs to build out strategy. Specifically, deliver monthly consumer sentiment surveys in partnership with an external agency.
- Maintain TLS marketing calendars to coordinate colleagues and ensure customer centricity
- Build positive relationships across teams to influence travel strategy, ensure a clear customer journey, and secure new AmexTravel mentions
- Serve as a liaison to the TLS marketing team for new launches, e.g. product refreshes, AmexTravel.com capability launches, strategic pilots, etc.
- Lead monthly marketing updates with key collaborators (e.g. Card product teams)
- Run annual marketing budget and reporting
- Lead one direct report
- Experience building comprehensive, customer-first marketing strategies to drive business goals and uplift customer experience
- Strategic; ability to see the bigger picture while also understanding the details that drive business performance
- Skilled communicator and partner who builds positive relationships, connects disparate groups around a common goal, and influences outcomes
- Highly organized, with strong project management skills and attention to detail; ability to mobilize across multiple partners and projects
- Able to develop efficient processes that elevate team performance and get results
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use insights to build data-driven strategy
- Flexible; ability to take initiative and adapt to a fast-paced environment undergoing rapid business growth
In order to work in or visit any of our offices in the United States, we require colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
“If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose or J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.”
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
US Job Seekers/Employees – Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement. If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.