ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform.
We’re building a movement – an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
As a results-driven HR Business Partner, you will work with the organization’s leaders to develop and direct an HR agenda that closely supports our global sales and marketing goals. You will be responsible for aligning our HR initiatives and functions with business objectives and business needs, aligning staff to business objectives, enhancing staff performance, supporting employee development, enhancing recruitment efforts, planning strategic HR initiatives, and maintaining staff relations.
As ApplyBoard scales, the People & Culture team is growing so that we can support the organization and its people to do their best work!
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Consult with department leaders and provide daily HR guidance
- In collaboration with Employee Success members, manage and iterate on the full employee lifecycle from on-boarding to off-boarding and everything in between
- Innovate on ways to celebrate our employee’s contributions that align with our mission and values
- Collaborate with Leadership to support business growth roadmaps
- Implement and rollout various Employee Success initiatives and programs
- Pull data from various sources of employee feedback and conduct analysis, monitor trending and provide relevant reports
- Collaboratively strategize and build retention and succession plans
- Ensure our policy and procedures are up to date with regulations
- Collaborate on various HR projects as required to ensure continuous improvement of programs
- Professionally manage employee relations issues and coach managers on how to approach each situation effectively
- Assist with administrative processing as it relates to new hires
- Provide HR policy guidance; educate both current and prospective employees on company policies regarding job duties, working conditions, safety, wages, career advancement opportunities, employee benefits and programs etc..and recommend changes
- Suggest new HR strategies and participate in continuous improvement of department and HR related processes.
- Administer employee terminations and transfers.
- Ensure effective exit interviews and provide management with analysis and recommendations.
- Provide general information and assistance internally and externally
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience as an HR business partner and/or HR Generalist
- Experience working with culturally diverse demographics across different time zones
- Comfort developing new processes, tools from scratch to support the needs of the team
- Comfort dealing with a wide range of questions and concerns from basic business situations to complex personal inquiries
- Highly organized
- Strong time management with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks or projects in a timely manner
- Comfortable working with limited supervision and guidance
- A University or College Diploma, preferably in business specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of labor legislation and commitment to workplace compliance and standards
- High level of personal integrity.
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics and reporting
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and strong ability to be able to handle tense, sensitive and confidential situations
Ideally, you also have experience with some of:
- Experience with using HR tools
- Ability to conduct presentations
- Experience working in a high-growth tech company
What We Offer:
The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,600 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.