goldmansachs Goldman Sachs
Like most financial institutions, Goldman Sachs specializes in several key areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investment research, securities and risk management, and technological innovation.
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH DIVISION OVERVIEW
Global Investment Research (GIR) provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and economies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns through our creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include mutual funds, hedge funds and pension funds, among others.
POSITION – ASSOCIATE
The role of the GIR Associate is to support global equity research teams by compiling, analyzing and summarizing data and other information. The role will focus not only on quantitative tasks such as developing financial and industry models, but also on contributions to the production of fundamental equity research reports.
Working closely with the Senior Analyst and other members of the Medical Technology team, the responsibilities of the Associate are to:
- Develop strong industry and company knowledge
- Build and maintain financial models
- Interpret data and perform analysis on market, economic and industry trends
- Contribute to the generation and execution of investment ideas
- Write reports on companies under coverage
- Update and maintain monthly reports, marketing books, weekly reports and valuation sheets
- Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, sales, and traders
- At least 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance and valuation
- Demonstrated interest in the Healthcare and/or Medical Technology sector
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful / entrepreneurial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment