Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers international insurance policies that protect people’s most valuable assets.
The Underwriting Specialist for Healthcare Professional Liability (including Hospital Professional Liability, Long Term Care Professional Liability, Miscellaneous Medical Facilities and Physician Professional Liability) contributes to the growth and profitability of the Ironhealth specialty product lines through marketing, underwriting and managing of products and services for standard risks. Some risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Demonstrates functional technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the marketplace.
- Develop proactive, professional relationships with IronHealth’s distribution partners in order to support their clients and achieve IronHealth’s profitability and growth objectives.
- Responsible for risk evaluation including initial and in-depth underwriting analysis for Healthcare PL, GL, Excess, and Umbrella lines. Underwriting of assigned new and renewal submissions.
- Recommend coverage terms and conditions as well as pricing parameters.
- Participate in account roundtable discussions to set final coverage and pricing strategies.
- Analyze loss experience and interact with the actuarial and claims team.
- Manage relationships and Healthcare Professional Liability business for assigned regions while coordinating and communicating with regional management and the regional team.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
- 5+ years underwriting experience
- Requires advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation, analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strategic and marketing capabilities
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.