E-commerce company Rakuten allows its customers to not only shop, but also make money in the process.
“This position is eligible for remote work in the following states: CA / NY / IL”
The Referral Marketing Manager role is an execution-driven and growth-focused function bringing promotion, analytics, user insights and experimentation together to develop and optimize the acquisition strategy for Refer a Friend. This person will manage end-to-end development of promotion strategies and new approaches for increased user engagement, reactivation and revenue through referral programs. You will also contribute to and help manage referral user segmentation targeting and analysis to support key business goals and initiatives.
- Lead, plan and execute 360 RAF quarterly promotional and direct response strategies that produce scale and profitable results across the channel
- Partner with creative, product and engagement marketing teams on the implementation of RAF promotional strategy and development of impactful and relevant creative assets and copy
- Track and analyze promo and email performance and develop proactive analyses related to referral marketing initiatives and programs in order to drive the business forward
- Manage and track referral campaigns from end to end; strategy, calendaring, creative strategy, implementation, deployment, optimization, monitoring, reporting and analysis
- Measure and analyze performance metrics and data on a weekly and monthly basis to proactively and continuously refine strategies that drive positive results
- Work with BI and analytics teams to report on channel performance and optimizations
- Collaborate with product teams and squads on omni channel referral user experience that drive traffic and increased sharing
- Identify new opportunities to test and refine engagement strategies through A/B testing
- Support the rest of the team in refer-a-friend initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Support, Site Operations, Analytics, and all channel owners to support various referral program needs
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong promotion experience and management of 360 integrated marketing programs
- Profiencient in channel marketing, search, digital and/or paid social media marketing
- Strong ability to manage multiple programs/projects (development and execution) simultaneously
- Experience with consumer insights, trends and data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, and strong follow-up is required
- Effective relationship-building skills; professional savvy and organizational agility to leverage partnerships across the organization to get work done
- Communication skills with ability to manage, storytell & influence internal & cross-functional teams
- Proactive problem-solving skills and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and respond with flexibility & agility
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 6-8 years of work experience in channel marketing, search, digital and/or paid social media marketing is preferred
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations
- Experience with SA360, SQL and Google Anatylics a plus
Five Principles for Success
Rakuten Group has an unswerving commitment to building an egalitarian society by empowering individuals and companies to be successful in business and in life. The Five Principles for Success are designed to keep each of us on track, to ensure we make continuous progress toward our ultimate goals.
Always Improve, Always Advance
There are only two kinds of people in the world:
Best Effort people are satisfied with the status quo; when they fail, they console themselves by saying “I did my best.”
Get Things Done people are absolutely committed to reaching their goals.
With enough determination and effort-by being a Get Things Done person-you can achieve anything.
Rakuten is an organization composed of true professionals.
Real professionals in any field-whether in sports, the arts, science, business or anything else-only reach the top because they have the self-discipline to develop and improve themselves continuously.
Only by consistently working many times harder than our competitors can we consistently win.
Hypothesize → Practice → Validate → Shikumika
Success in business depends on making and executing concrete specific action plans.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction
Rakuten is first and foremost a service company. We’re proud to serve our customers and we ceaselessly seek to improve their experience.
Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!
The internet makes the window of opportunity for every small business. Accomplish in one month what it takes other companies a year to do, because we can only win by being many times faster than our competitors.