NG_Careers Northrop Grumman
A leading global security company, Northrop Grumman provides innovative products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber security, and complex logistics to government and commercial clients.
Requisition ID: R10042360
- Category: Human Resources
- Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Be part of the next generation of the Northrop Grumman Talent Acquisition organization and play a pivotal role in our recruiting strategy, technology optimization, and recruiting marketing. Our Space Sector is seeking Talent Acquisition Business Professionals (to include Recruiters AND Sourcers). Now is a fantastic time to join our team, because Talent Acquisition has never been more important to the success of our organization. We need social media savvy Recruiting and Sourcing talent to support our aggressive hiring goals and who share our high impact culture, core values, and passion for delivering incredible service to our customers with each and every candidate.
These individuals will conduct full-life cycle recruiting and/or sourcing, to include: screening, qualifying, interviewing and managing candidate relationships while advising hiring managers through the assessment and selection process. If you are a dynamic talent acquisition professional with a passion for recruiting and/or sourcing top, diverse talent, this is the opportunity to join a high performing team and drive business critical recruiting/sourcing strategies.
Our primary locations include, but are not limited to: Dulles VA; Redondo Beach CA; Roy UT; Colorado Springs CO; Huntsville AL; Gilbert AZ; and Clearfield UT. Virtual telework opportunities are available.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing creative strategies to source, identify, attract and hire top candidates in a timely fashion and share best practices with team members.
- Ensuring a diverse pipeline for open positions: engaging and building relationships with diverse organizations and attending and recruiting at diversity conferences.
- Managing competing priorities, remaining highly flexible in an ever-changing environment while consistently anticipating and delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions.
- Leveraging other functional areas as well as utilizing data and market intelligence when advising the business and executing staffing strategies.
- Understanding, adhering and advising management on various areas of compliance (i.e., OFCCP, EEOC, Government Officials Revolving Door, etc.).
- Develop strategies that help drive our DE&I initiatives.
Strategic Talent Acquisition:
- Applying a business mindset to the talent acquisition function.
- Researching market conditions and industry trends as it relates to our competitors to assist in decision-making and marketing positions.
- Making connections between all talent management phases (acquisition, development, retention, culture).
- Possessing the business acumen to influence key stakeholders, developing trusting relationships and effecting business outcomes.
- Leveraging data and market intelligence to develop and execute staffing strategies.
- Successfully blending diversity, regulatory requirements and business strategy throughout the process.
- Attaining a high-level understanding of our business, program, technological and cultural challenges.
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of the external recruiting landscape within their function.
- Operating as a business partner by advising hiring managers on effective interviewing techniques and collaborating with others throughout the organization ensuring a smooth process and positive candidate experience.
Assessment and Selection:
- Accurately assessing candidates (via in-person or phone) for cultural, competency and skill fit.
- Quickly synthesizing candidate and hiring manager feedback.
- Routinely pre-closing candidates (early in the process) to ensure high acceptance rates.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
These roles may be filled at various levels (Level 2, Level 3, or Level 4).
Basic Qualifications for a Level 2:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of related professional experience – OR – a Master’s degree with 1+ year of related professional experience. An additional four years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of related professional experience – OR – a Master’s degree with 3+ year of related professional experience. An additional four years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 4:
- Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years of related professional experience – OR – a Master’s degree with 7+ year of related professional experience. An additional four years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
Additional Basic qualifications for all levels:
- Effective customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Successful demonstration of full-life cycle recruiting experience; to include sourcing, identifying, and attracting top talent.
- Active in the social digital and recruitment arena.
- Ability to define and implement research and sourcing strategies for critical positions.
- Industry knowledge with the ability to understand relevant skills, target companies and user groups.
- Ability for occasional domestic travel to assist with events and in support of the business.
- Aerospace/defense industry experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with Workday and M365.
Salary Range: $58,800 USD – $102,100 USD
Salary Range 2: $72,400 USD – $155,900 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.