Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora is a nationally recognized healthcare provider, caring for patients in Wisconsin and Illinois. We help people live well.
- Monitors overall department operations to ensure consistent application and effective operation. Develops, monitors, and enforces department procedures, policies, and standards of patient care, revising as necessary. Conducts and/or coordinates department quality assessment activities.
- Assists department leadership in meeting all productivity, budgetary, employee engagement, quality and patient outcome targets and standards by continually monitoring and making recommendations for adjustments and improvements.
- Ensures cohesive patient care delivery by providing day-to-day work direction to assigned staff. Collaborates with department and/or facility leadership to ensure smooth functioning of department.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance programs and ensures compliance with standards of all governing agents and authorizing organizations to ensure optimum quality control efficiency.
- Collaborates effectively with leadership and/or committees/work teams in developing and enhancing the following: new programs, site projects, standardized competencies, policies and procedures and other issues.
- Assists with the identification of community needs and establishes or changes programs to meet those needs. Researches and implements marketing techniques to promote department programs.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which includes coaching on performance, completes performance reviews and overall staff morale. Recommends hiring, compensation changes, promotions, corrective action decisions, and terminations.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization’s Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the organization’s business.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner license issued by the state in which the team member practices., and
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in a respiratory therapist role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Effective problem-solving, decision-making, delegation, and coordination skills.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Sits the majority of the workday.
- Stands and walks throughout the workday.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.