GitLab is one of the world’s largest all-remote companies. Our DevOps platform powers 100,000+ organizations.
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As a Global Customer Advocacy Product Marketer you will work closely with a wide range of cross-functional teams (Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success) to identify, activate, and amplify the voice of the customer in order to improve sales success and demonstrate GitLab’s momentum as an enterprise-trusted brand.
What you’ll do in this role
- Contribute to the GitLab worldwide customer advocacy program, working cross-functionally between sales, customer success, product, and marketing teams to identify, develop, and engage reference customers.
- Create, grow, and manage a healthy community of reference customers in a way that respects our customer’s time and effort while maximizing the positive impact of their engagement to them, their organization, and GitLab.
- Establish and maintain a robust Customer Reference Library. Library includes logos, logos + short quotes, logos + full story, multimedia (videos and image) and anonymized case studies broken out by vertical, solution, and company size.
- Define and develop a cross-functional programmatic strategy to create customer success content that reinforces key marketing messages including customer pain points, jobs-to-be-done, GitLabs’ solutions, and other marketing content areas as defined.
- Define and develop, in collaboration with Sales and other stakeholders, a customer incentive strategy and approach that results in additional net new and growth customer references.
- Own internal advocacy efforts by cultivating and promoting champions; this includes embracing an “always-on” advocacy methodology that highlights the importance of customer references, a definition of internal economic/non-economic incentives and recognition programs for surfacing stories.
- Leverage customer advocacy insights and lessons learned in relation to Gitlab’s marketing plan and deliverables to influence the overall product marketing strategy and roadmap.
We’re looking for
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to use data to optimize program performance and inform future strategies.
- Plan and operate in a transparent manner for cross-organizational visibility and be a leader in sharing best practices
- Experience organizing executive customer events that support key customers and provide insights back into all applicable business activities.
- Experience developing internal Customer Advocacy training programs and maintaining consistent internal and external communications of Customer Reference activities.
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Ability and interest to design, build, implement, and use data-driven mechanisms to simplify and speed decision making regarding Customer Advocacy activities.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced and lean organization.
- Passion for contributing to a world class program and desire to own and refine key operational processes.
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.