Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is looking for an entrepreneurial and dynamic marketing leader to drive traffic, merchandising and customer acquisition initiatives for Softlines private brands. This role will work with sellers and program partners to create the next generation of customers’ most-loved products and brands.
The leader heads a team of category marketing managers and merchandising associates, and leads the marketing efforts across a large portfolio of brands in apparel, footwear and accessories. S/he will be responsible for the merchandising of these brands onsite and building engaging onsite experiences. The leader will also provide guidance to content and editorial teams to publish trend-driven stories around new launches and seasonal collections, and to create compelling content on brand and product shopping pages. S/he will also drive traffic efforts across performance advertising, social media, affiliates, etc. and be accountable for both impact and efficiency of our marketing spends. The individual will own the marketing promotions calendar and will define customer acquisition and retention strategies based on rigorous data-driven customer insights. S/he will collaborate with internal product teams and worldwide teams to build and launch improvements to the shopping experience.
We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about branding and marketing, and obsesses over customers. The candidate must possess strong analytical and people management skills, be skilled at project management and possess a high degree of ownership. Excellent communication skills and an ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders will be essential to the candidate’s success. S/he should also feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a high growth business.
This is an early-stage program within the Amazon India organization and you have the chance to help build a large, successful business. We are looking for an individual that can thrive in ambiguity, loves to create and innovate, and wants to deliver amazing products for Amazon customers in India. Join us!
- Experience guiding creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience managing teams
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal with stakeholders
Proven track record of thinking customer backwards.
• Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
• Ability to prioritize and define roadmap in an ambiguous environment.
• 8+ years of overall work experience with 5+ year experience in marketing/product management.
• Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
• BA/BS/B Tech , MBA Degree Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA from Tier 1 B-School with 12+ years of experience with 7+ years in marketing or brand management within e-commerce or FMCG companies
- Past experience in digital marketing (paid search, paid display, SEO, content, paid social) and in handling marketing or promotions programs for a consumer-facing business of significant scale
- Prior people management experience is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to develop customer-driven innovations in high-growth brands/businesses
- Strong data-driven decision making skills, with ability to dive deep into customer data and translate insights into opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas and persuade stakeholders. The right candidate will be able to think and influence both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and high attention to detail
- An experienced planner and project manager, with great cross-team coordination skills
- Must be comfortable operating at different levels in the organization, and across various teams retail, creative, finance, analytics, product and so on
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding marketing results