Most productivity tools get in people's way. They constantly ping, distract, and disrupt a team’s flow, so people spend their days switching between apps. Dropbox wants to change this.
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that’s transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products’ potential, in order to delight our users and help Dropbox grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Mobile, you will play a critical role in developing and driving the mobile strategy across Dropbox. In particular, you will identify opportunities to build mobile-first value for our customers and work with multiple product groups to define their multiple-platform strategy.
Working at the intersection of Marketing and Product, you will partner with various teams to develop optimize each stage of the mobile funnel and help drive acquisition, retention, and monetization initiatives to grow Dropbox’s mobile business. From developing and scaling best-in-class growth programs, to running experiments and generating learnings, to launching new features and plans on mobile, you will work on a wide breadth of projects that balance sustainable business growth with what’s best for our users. This role is ideal for a creative, data-driven marketer who’s passionate about leveraging marketing and product strategies to drive outsized impact with a highly collaborative team.
- Help build and execute vision and strategy for the Dropbox mobile app, driving subscriber growth and revenue for the company
- Generate customer, market, and competitive insights from research and analytics to identify new business/product opportunities and develop more effective strategies, value props/positioning/messaging, and go-to-market plans
- Partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Data Science, Growth, and Content Design to build best-in-class product experiences that drive deep engagement and customer retention
- Identify target audience and leverage user insights and competitive intelligence to craft compelling positioning, messaging, and narratives that effectively communicate our value proposition and differentiate it from other products in the market
- Lead go-to-market strategy and execution for launching new product experiences, and shape how we communicate the product vision to customers
- Drive awareness and adoption of new and existing features that best meet user needs in partnership with Product, Growth, and Integrated Marketing teams
- 6+ years of relevant experience in product marketing or related functions, with deep expertise in mobile app development and marketing
- Exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills, with experience influencing stakeholders without authority, driving alignment, and working cross-functionally with Product, Design, Engineering, Data Science, Research & Insights, Pricing & Packaging, and Marketing teams
- World-class storytelling and written/verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex concepts into clear, concise messaging that’s easy for users to understand
- Strong growth mindset and intellectual curiosity, with a willingness to learn, flex into new areas, and continuously improve
- Deep empathy for both cross-functional partners and end users, with strong customer-centricity and experience serving as the voice of the customer
- Ability to think strategically and navigate ambiguity, with experience breaking down broad, complex problems and thinking about them in a structured way
- Analytical and data-driven, with experience generating qualitative and quantitative insights and using them to inform strategies and decision-making
- Proven self-starter with a bias for action and can-do attitude to get things done
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).