Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Jun 15, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
The Mac Business Management team for Worldwide Product Marketing is a high impact, analytical team supporting pivotal roadmap decisions. The Business Manager will work with highly confidential future roadmap information, collaborate cross-functionally across various groups, and have direct exposure to the the highest levels of decision making at Apple. The lean structure on Business Management fosters high business ownership and offers a unique platform to influence strategic decisions at Apple from product concept to launch. We are looking to on-board a Mac Business Manager who will serve as an engaged business partner responsible for covering our flagship MacBook Pro and MacBook Air products that millions of customers use every day.
* A deep and genuine passion for Apple’s products and mission
* A minimum of 4 years of experience in a highly analytical role with frequent exposure to business/ scenario modeling
* Ability to work comfortably under ambiguity to deliver fully developed and well-reasoned analyses
* Ownership mindset and high agency to take a proactive role in leading project work-streams from end-to-end
* Strong attention to detail
* High proficiency in Excel with strong competency in SQL and Tableau Desktop
* Strong and structured communicator
* Adept at working cross-functionally and managing senior stakeholder relationships
* Comfort navigating product or engineering topics with keen interest to ramp on new and un-familiar technical content
* Influence and drive business/ product decisions for the Mac product-line in cross-functional partnership with Product Marketing Managers, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Customer Analytics, Sales and Market Research * Advise on product pricing, feature arbitration and line-up decisions with business analyses considering units, revenue and margin implications by integrating a multitude of varied data sources * Own unit forecasts for new product introductions for Mac that are leveraged across Apple’s supply chain informing long-term purchase decisions for equipment, assembly lines and commodity procurement * Absorb and dissect sales trends, customer activations trends, buyer surveys, external market research and technical performance benchmarks to inform product and business strategy for Mac product lines * Formulate connected insights for executive leadership following new product introductions assessing product market fit; rigorously challenge customer demand signals based on a deep understanding of Mac customers * Partner closely with silicon engineering, platform architecture and operations teams to map the Apple silicon roadmap to Mac hardware product lines * Provide Product Marketing leadership with visibility into state of the Mac business by preparing quarterly business reviews and monthly financial metrics (units, revenue, and gross-margin) * Support stealth investigations, special projects and ad-hoc requests for senior Apple leadership
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, or another quantitative field