Boston Consulting Group
BCG is a global consultancy with 35+ North America offices that partners with business leaders and society to solve industry-defining challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this role, you will drive the development, delivery and maintenance of a robust learning plan/curriculum for our C&S consultants in AP. The primary focus of the role is to further deepen the capabilities of our C&S Generalists and Experts as well as support the overall upskilling curriculum of the C&S practice. You will also work to support the development of the core consulting capabilities of the C&S Generalists and Experts taking particular care of the first year onboarding experience. The role balances external (academia, industry, partnerships) and internal (BCG local, regional and global offers) learning resource management
Business Partner (40%)
• Understand business and upskilling needs of our C&S consultants
• Work with AP C&S leaders to drive learning plan/calendar as per above needs
• Own the development plan for business and individual needs of our C&S consultants
• Represent needs for AP C&S consultants in global initiatives e.g., Learning Journeys
• Collaborate with global L&D team to integrate emerging business needs in the core consulting curriculum
• Thought partner with other L&D teams on C&S upskilling of traditional consultants
Learning Strategy (30%)
• Collaborate with global L&D to encourage adoption of a targeted learning curriculum (consulting and C&S), delivering learning for the full employee journey starting with onboarding.
• Leverage existing academic and commercial partnerships/alliances that provide opportunity for upskilling
• Harmonize and leverage scale (systems and processes) where possible in collaboration with global L&D team and other
• Work in an integrated manner to reflect needs of C&S consultants in the larger BCG L&D community at global, regional, and system level
• Embed the on-boarding and integration process in the learning curriculum.
• Administer individual learning plans, including:
o programs based on Career Development Committee (CDC) identified Areas for Development (AfDs)
o Certifications and related external trainings across C&S topics
• Track learning activity (including learning hours) and participation against budget
• Support marketing / promotion at Regional and System level incl. upskilling events, global chapter journeys, promotions, contests, local HR and system leaders
• Support C&S networks & nodes with upskilling activities for network members
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Organizational and Prioritization skills – an ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize them, and carry them out independently. The role will require you to be proactive to achieve success. Understanding the big picture, getting clear on which activities will make the biggest impact in realizing our commercial priorities. This requires the ability to bridge between pressing needs in our go-to-market strategy and the preferences of individual stakeholders
Strong written and oral communication skills – You need to be able to effectively tailor your communications since we work across all levels of our organization and your work may be received by clients. You will need to bring stakeholders on the journey and make ideas become reality
Affinity for digital and technology topics: You should genuinely like and be excited by various C&S topics and the way they are approached and dealt with at BCG
Stakeholder Management and Building relationships – The success in this role will depend on forming deep, meaningful relationships across the levels and geographies. It will include an ability to generate respect and trust from others. Good judgement, professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style.
Ability to work independently: Working independently and effectively in a virtual team environment, partnering across functions, geographies, cultures, and staff levels within BCG
Learner Centricity: Having a customer-centric attitude especially to ensure that new joiners and learners get an amazing experience
High Energy: Being a team player with high motivation, energy, resourcefulness, and a friendly manner
Stakeholder Management: Beyond being able to deliver on ideas and manage stakeholders, balance will be crucial. You will need to listen, negotiate, and flex where needed; while also having the stamina and strength to stand your ground on what can be reasonably accomplished.
Ability to influence: Persuading, influencing, and negotiating, as appropriate across levels and geographies
Strong attention to detail: Ensure all information and communication is accurate and comprehensive
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
BA/BS degree plus minimum 7 years professional experience in L&D/Talent Management
Professional Certification in Learning/Talent Management
High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will be part of the Asia Pacific L&D Team. Your direct line manager is the Asia Pacific Consulting Learning & Development Director, based in Hong Kong and dotted line to AP Climate &Sustainability Senior Manager. Other key relationships are the global C&S L&D teams, as well as local System HR and L&D teams
BCG’s HR team works to attract, develop, excite, deploy, and retain the best people in the market. Those in human resources jobs manage the life cycle of all BCG employees-from hiring top talent and developing their skills to rewarding their contributions and supporting career progression and mobility.