NG_Careers Northrop Grumman
A leading global security company, Northrop Grumman provides innovative products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber security, and complex logistics to government and commercial clients.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman is a seeking an experienced Staff Supply Chain Manufacturing Specialist (Level 5) to support the Goods Movement and Logistics Organization in Palmdale, CA.
This individual will assist the program on identifying technical needs, onboarding vendors offering similar products, monitoring vendors to ensure compliance with company policies, attending company meetings, and advising new vendors. The Senior Supply Chain Mfg. Specialist will be technically adept to understand vendor capabilities and map them to customer requirements.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be detail-oriented and technically adept and proactive to facilitate customized demos for the program as well as the customer. Ultimately, an outstanding Vendor Manager will be an excellent multi-tasker as well as demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, & decision-making skills.
- Develop and sustain long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors.
- Meet with suitable vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conduct research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the affordable pricing and product quality while continually evaluating sales trends to determine which products are more popular than others.
- Implement vendor selection programs to ensure that the best vendors are secured. Conduct interviews with new vendors and guiding approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations.
- Establish standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors while evaluating current vendor management programs and identifying ways to improve them.
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and an engaging, collaborative work place. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation– building the next generation of aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program. Does this sound right like what you’re looking for?
- Master’s degree with 10 years’ experience OR a Bachelor’s degree with 15 years’ experience OR a High School diploma/equivalent with 19 years’ experience; experience should be within the Technology/Supply Chain Management/Marketing and/or Business Administration fields
- 3 years’ of experience working as a Vendor Manager.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance from the Department of Defense
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree
- The ability to travel for work up to
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multitask effectively using excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiation, management, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Project, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Current and active US Public Trust clearance from the Department of Defense
Salary Range: $129,000 USD – $193,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.