Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to work in a role where you are encouraged to build and have the autonomy to push boundaries? Are you looking to create value for hundreds of millions of customers and drive growth in one of the most innovative categories at Amazon?
Amazon is seeking a Senior Program Manager to who will have ownership for highly strategic initiative in Alexa that will positively impact our customers.
Key job responsibilities
The Echo/Alexa Marketing Program Management Office (PMO) is seeking a customer-obsessed, analytical, and detail-oriented Senior Program Manager to own a suite of highly strategic initiatives. Do you want to work in a role where you are encouraged to build and have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you love to see an immediate impact from your actions?
In this role you will help us build, scale and execute complex cross-functional mechanisms and processes that drive the Echo/Alexa business. Do you thrive in a challenging environment and enjoy working with multiple functions to deliver results? We are seeking an individual who can work closely with multiple stakeholders (within Alexa and Devices) to deliver scalable processes to drive transformational outcomes. This individual will ensure key activities and initiatives within Echo/Alexa are properly aligned and executed to achieve a measurable impact on the business.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader. You will be a thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter, with strong business acumen, excellent writing skills, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
A day in the life
A successful candidate will be a builder with a passion for creative problem solving and creating value for customers. The candidate will be highly analytical and be comfortable setting a North Star vision for a new initiative. It’s vital that the candidate possess strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to influence partner teams.
About the team
This team is fun, driven, and holds an high bar for customer facing experiences. We have a great mix of new to Amazon and tenured leaders, which affords us our role as a highly trusted stakeholder across the org. From crossword puzzles, to team escape rooms, to raising awareness on diverse issues, and having each others back, across Alexa Sales & Marketing, we have something for nearly everyone and a positive and collaborative vibe. We are proud of our work, and we keep the bar and autonomy high. If you like being on the cutting edge, come work with us!
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, program or project management
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 5+ years of experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills, including the ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and highly visible projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated experience influencing senior executives
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams in how to continuously improve the business and define what’s next
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.