Samsung Electronics America
Samsung delivers cutting-edge technologies and experiences that push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
The Director is the primary liaison for all marketing activities relating to the products he/she is responsible for. This individual leads a team to create product segmentation/positioning models, define the competitive landscape, develop go-to-market strategies, and manage the product lifecycle roadmap. The Director is also responsible for interfacing with Samsung’s direct and indirect sales channels including internal sales teams, corporate and government end-users, VARs, and distributors. This individual will be responsible for providing these customers with the direction and materials they require to carry-out approved marketing programs.
This position will be responsible for leading the product marketing function for Samsung’s B2B Monitor Business. The Director will have responsibility for marketing program design and execution, new product launching, channel sales support, overall product lifecycle management, and achievement of sales/market share goals with the exercise of P&L responsibility.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for executing and managing:
- Product category roadmap and lifecycle
- Strategic promotional plans and calendars
- Weekly forecasts and formation of plans to close gaps vs. monthly/quarterly/annual plans
- Achievement of category sales and market share goals
- Maintenance of category WOS targets
- Delivery of demand generation plans and activities
- Coordination of T1 and T2 channel development initiatives
- Creation and presentation of product marketing decks to prospects, accounts and partners
- Pre-Sales support of pricing requests, bids, RFQs, etc.
- New product launch activities; development of launch assets and campaigns
- Product messaging and positioning
- Development of training materials for internal sales people, external sales people, and partners
- Trade show support and training
- Communication with, and updates to, overseas HQ counterparts
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
- 10+ years relevant industry experience; product/brand marketing and communication skills coupled with B2B industry knowledge is required
- Experience working with multi-tiered sales organization, as well as Direct Customers and channel/distribution partners
- Product lifecycle management experience, particularly in product launch and channel inventory management, is required
- P&L management experience is required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word) required
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Familiarity with PSI and CPFR processes is preferred
- Understanding of NPD, and other market data tracking services is preferred
- Experience working in B2B Channel is preferred
- Experience working in global CE Organizations with global HQ outside of US is preferred
- Ability to travel up to approx. 20%
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.