MediaCom is a media advertising agency for a variety of global brands.
Position at MediaCom
We are seeking a Content Strategy Director to join Mediacom’s Creative Systems team.
Objectives of the Role:
The Content Strategy Director will lead the vision for content development based on strategic insights, data, brand guidelines, compliance standards, content gap fulfillment opportunities, behavior insights and core creative principles. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in copywriting, content strategy, publisher and platform partnerships and activations, cross-discipline collaboration, and a clear history of exceeding client goals and campaign KPIs. This individual will also work closely with and guide a team of integrated content producers and project managers, and collaborate across a multi-disciplinary agency team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and optimize the content strategy our clients
- Understand the client’s products, competition, industry landscape, marketing goals and objectives
- Create and evolve content strategy documentation, including editorial calendars, content playbooks, content inventories and audits
- Strategically identify content themes that deliver against client brand strategy, goals, values and brand guidelines
- Help manage and build a team of project managers, art directors, copywriters, content creators and producers to create content strategies and programs
- Work closely across other departments to develop fully integrated content campaigns
- Define and evolve standards for content governance in terms of quality, relevance, consistency, and uniqueness
- Be an advocate for compelling storytelling
- Research and develop content/social best practices to identify new market opportunities
- Strong communicator who can sell ideas to clients and business leaders alike
- Lead workshops for teams and clients
- Serve as a thought-leader and expert to interface with senior clients
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High energy, disciplined, ability and desire to mentor with magnetic and passionate personality
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management and clients ranging from senior corporate executives to other strategic partner companies
- Strong ability to drive insight development and strategy creation which drives big ideas and partnership programs
- An inspirational client leader with high energy and hunger to succeed; disciplined with a need to mentor, possessing a passionate personality
- Accomplished multi-tasker and team player with strong leadership and motivational skills
- Tremendous integration skills, with ability to work across, and in concert with, various marketing channels/media disciplines
Qualifications and Experience:
- 7-10 years of experience creating content across a variety of disciplines and media
- 5+ years experiencing managing projects and team Background in professional copywriting, journalism, content creation, advertising, marketing agency or related field
- Strong understanding of Media and Content channel
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding client work, that achieves client goals, wins a place on the agency’s show reel and garners industry-wide recognition
- Extensive account management background at a senior level, understanding how to develop organic & new business growth
- Deep negotiation experience across multitude of property-types, inclusive of driving final long form agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills
- Strong industry contacts
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world’s largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.