Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Ads helps brands create experiences that delight customers and deliver meaningful results. With 300+ millions active advertisers WW, diverse properties and content, and highly engaged audiences across customer passion points including Sports, Gaming, Music, Entertainment (Movies, TV, Streaming), Fitness/Health, Food, or Retail Life-stages; we provide Advertisers the opportunity to sponsor content, programs and events that customers love. In turn, we unlock creation of more relevant events and content for end-customers. We are a global fast growing team focused on creating and scaling new sponsorship opportunities for Brands in partnership with several Amazon businesses, and property/content owners.
We are looking for an exceptional Sr. Product Marketing Manager that can lead Go-To-Market (GTM) and product marketing activities for new sponsorship packages across Amazon’s Live Sports and Gaming/Esports portfolio. As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you will work closely with our internal stakeholders to develop the messaging, pricing, product positioning and narrative, ensuring the go-to-market strategy equips our internal sales partners for success. As such, you will be accountable for new sponsorships performance. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnerships with Sales, Yield, Prime Video, Twitch, Fire TV, Marketing, Legal, PR and other teams – as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. This role requires an analytical marketer with a strong sense for methods to align advertising offerings to advertiser objectives, while constantly adjusting based on industry trends and feedback from customers. You will not only define the product marketing message for new advertising solutions, but will develop marketing materials, including sales collateral, case studies, and third-party research to support key messages.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is comfortable building a business, is metrics and data driven, has a strong desire to learn and lead in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to think strategically, look at the business analytically, and implement flawlessly. As a leader, the right candidate will be comfortable with executive interactions, be an excellent communicator, passionate advocate, and creative professional. You will build and inspire a positive, high-energy, results-oriented culture in our team, creating a measurable impact across Ads, and Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
• Work across the Amazon Advertising organization (Product Marketing, Yield, Design, Advertising Operations, Account teams) to build and execute marketing strategies for live sports and gaming sponsorships.
• Work closely with partner teams (Prime Video, Twitch, BD, Sales, etc.) in the approval process and execution of the GTM.
• Create compelling narratives for live sports and gaming sponsorships, to drive adoption and understanding with external customers.
• Enable sales to portray the true value of the sponsorship package through educational materials
• Track and report on performance, ensuring each sponsorship is delivering differentiated value
• Leverage customer feedback to drive continuous product improvement
• Develop case studies and research to communicate the benefits of the Amazon Advertising live sport and gaming sponsorship offering
• Be the expert on our content owners/providers and customers. Own market research projects that uncover customer and market insights that influence the product roadmap.
• Serve as an internal advocate for customer needs; ensure broad awareness of, and empathy for, customer pain points.
• Have an obsession to drive better customer experiences through everything that we do
A day in the life
Your challenge will be to work cross-functionally across two verticals (live sports and gaming), building close working relationships with key stakeholders in the different businesses. You will position the sponsorship product to be competitive in the industry sector, and create the marketing materials and drive the GTM process from start to finish, including ideation, sales enablement, delivery and reporting. You will work closely with the European teams to begin with, finding scalable solutions across locales where our live sports and gaming events exist. Core skill areas for this role include product launch and marketing, data collection and analytics. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
About the team
The WW Sponsorships team within Amazon Advertising partners with teams across Amazon to create high visibility and impactful opportunities for advertisers. The Brand Sponsorships team specifically focuses on creating and scaling upstream brand advertising opportunities across Amazon’s portfolio of businesses.
• 5+ years of demonstrable product marketing, product management, and/or program management experience
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• Proven track record of developing and delivering go-to-market plans.
• Experience owning a product marketing strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results with senior stakeholders
• 5+ years of experience in product marketing experience, preferably within advertising
• Experience in live sports broadcast advertising and/or gaming is a plus.
• Past experience driving new business segment or services launches
• Ability to conceptualize, scope, and execute projects to strict deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals;
• Demonstrated analytical thinking to develop metrics and drive continuous improvement
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a program
• Proven successful track record of navigating through ambiguous situations
• Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal
• Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
• Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
• Must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
• Passion for experimentation. values continuous learning and displays a growth mindset
• Background in digital advertising is a plus, and ideally a well-rounded understanding of current web and mobile technologies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.