Trimble is an industrial technology company that connects the physical and digital worlds to help solve complex industry challenges around the world
Your Title: Product Marketing Specialist
Job Location: Vancouver, BC OR Corvallis, OR OR Calgary, AB
Our Department: Forestry
Are you ready to lead marketing new products to a market-ready for change?
Does the opportunity to bring to market an entire suite of products get you excited?
Do you enjoy being involved early in a growth opportunity?
Can you see yourself creating the thought leadership messages that will drive referral-based marketing globally?
What You Will Do
You will be filling a vital role within the Forestry Marketing team working closely with the Forestry Product Management and Sales teams to execute a product strategy for the Connected Forest product suite. You will learn and understand industry, personas, and competition to support go-to-market strategy, messaging, and content as the lead for sales enablement. You will be directly involved in external and internal market signals being translated into usable insights that inform marketing plans as part of an annual schedule. You will drive and influence product pricing, packaging, messaging and positioning for sales enablement materials such as playbooks and datasheets. Your analysis of win/loss information and market surveys will close the loop for necessary product roadmap adaptations. Your competitive analysis, market sizing, and market saturation will inform roadmap prioritization to effectively compete and win business.
This position will lead cross-functional efforts across Marketing, Product Management, and Sales to launch new products/capabilities and drive success in all global markets. This is a production heavy role and you are starting on the ground floor as many materials are being created from scratch.
- Market Intelligence: Outline market overviews for what players in what markets need to be worked with to achieve a market position, and where there are potential opportunities. Create and maintain buyer personas outlining how they buy and buying criteria. Document their buying journey and use that insight to drive improvements through our sales and marketing channels. Understand our competitive landscape and research competitor offerings to develop a strategy to win against them.
- Positioning & Messaging: Implement messaging platforms and develop positioning and key messaging to ensure appropriate market positioning and messaging that resonates with our target user and buyer personas. Who is the product/feature intended for, how does it solve their challenges/fit their needs, what does it do, and how is it different/unique to what’s available on the market today.
- Internal Distribution of Messaging: Responsible for educating the value of new products/capabilities to the Sales and Bus Dev team and developing internal-facing training materials and training programs that facilitate the selling process and focus on how we solve for our buyers and users.
- Influence & Support GTM Strategy: Work closely with GTM focused team to develop a strategy to utilize inside and outside resources and deliver a unique value proposition to customers to achieve a competitive advantage, reach market penetration, revenue, and profitability expectations.
- Launch Planning and Enablement: Serve as the key facilitator between Product Management and Marketing to identify release vs launch needs, make sure pre-launch tools are in the hands of the customer-facing teams ahead of launch, ensure external launch activities/materials are on schedule and are clearly communicating our value proposition to customers. Develop sales tools including sales presentations, ROI calculators, needs analysis tools, scripts, letters, and positioning documents.
- Marketing Launch Execution: Responsible for the actual execution of all assets required in the launch to customers/the market. Website, Sales/Bus Dev training, Support training, etc. Coordinate with corporate Marketing and Communications on the development and strategy for external facing launches and campaigns to drive demand.
- Customer Advocacy: Monitor customer sentiment. Develop use cases. Celebrate customer successes to reinforce brand loyalty.
What Skills & Experience You Should Bring
- Proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager, or similar role
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Marketing
- Excellent writing skills are a must
- Strong research capabilities with the curiosity & creativity to identify and integrate new information into compelling, actionable analysis output (presentation skills)
- Excellent planning, organization, and multitasking skills. Strong attention to detail required
- Excellent communication skills
- CRM and Marketing Automation experience (Salesforce and Marketo preferred)
- Experience with common research tools like SWOT analysis, balanced scorecard, etc.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Outgoing – able to conduct interviews, onsite customer visits, and tradeshow events
- Collaborate on long and short term goals with the entire Marketing team to support company, department, and market visions
- Works well in a team environment and cross-functionally within an organization
- Strategic mindset with a pragmatic attitude possessing the ability to translate ideas into action: understand and conceptualize how a piece of functionality can be visualized, messaged, positioned, and understood by its intended audience
About Trimble Forestry
Trimble’s Forestry Division offers SaaS and enterprise software to improve the productivity and sustainability of the world’s most recognized integrated forest product companies, forest managers, conservation organizations, government departments, finished product manufacturers, and the partners that connect the global forest supply chain. The Connected Forest™ solutions manage the full raw materials lifecycle of planning, planting, growing, harvesting, transporting, and processing.
Trimble’s Inclusiveness Commitment
We believe in celebrating our differences. That is why our diversity is our strength. To us, that means actively participating in opportunities to be inclusive. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion have guided our current success while also moving our desire to improve. We actively seek to add members to our community who represent our customers and the places we live and work.
We have programs in place to make sure our people are seen, heard, and welcomed and most importantly that they know they belong, no matter who they are or where they are coming from.
Trimble is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available to applicants invited to an interview.