GitLab is one of the world’s largest all-remote companies. Our DevOps platform powers 100,000+ organizations.
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As a Senior Field Marketing Manager focused on the Public Sector space, you’ll work across GitLab to create, expand, and accelerate sales opportunities for state & local, Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence Community agencies. You’ll manage marketing campaigns that promote our products and services, travel for events, and be an overall strategic Marketing partner to the Public Sector sales team here. In this role you’ll report directly to the Manager of Field Marketing (North America). The ideal candidate is US based, and preferably in Washington DC.
What you’ll do in this role
- Be a leader in working cross-functionally to drive the execution of demand generation and field marketing plans for the Public Sector, aligning with other areas of marketing.
- Work in collaboration with external agencies and 3rd parties to prepare, manage and execute campaigns.
- Act as a Senior leader on the Field Marketing team, mentoring and guiding Field Marketing Coordinators/Specialists and Managers.
- Build and drive process within the Field Marketing organization.
- Adapt digital and content marketing programs to the needs of a regional sales team.
- Create, expand, and accelerate sales opportunities through regional and account-focused marketing execution and managing marketing campaigns that promote our products and/or services, within marketing defined strategy.
- Support Channel and Alliance Marketing activities with GitLab partners from approval of campaign through execution as required.
- Be an advocate for the sales region you support and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales team you support understand the marketing department’s priorities.
- Decision making and discretion regarding event and campaign selection and planning in support of regional sales goals.
- Regional event and campaign strategy, decision making, and onsite management.
- Ensure all events and marketing campaigns are delivered on time and within budget, measure and report on their effectiveness.
- Following the GitLab process, project managing all campaigns from beginning to end ensuring they meet the target objectives.
We’re looking for
- Successful track record working with US Public Sector sales team, distributors, and channel partners.
- Knowledge of state & local, Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence Community agencies and ability to translate this into a cohesive marketing plan for the Public Sector.
- Proven aptitude to build and drive a budget within the territory.
- Experience in enterprise solution demand creation and field marketing.
- Orientation to managing program details.
- Strong experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing.
- Exemplary communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity to empathize with the needs and experiences of IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A passion and substantial understanding of the developer tools, IT operations tools, and/or IT security markets.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
- Ability to use GitLab.
- Ability to travel up to 50% and comply with the company’s travel policy.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. Once selected for a screening call, you’ll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $87,400 – $159,100 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.