Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Global Brand Strategy team within Amazon’s cross-channel, cross-category marketing (XCM) organization is looking for a dynamic, multifaceted brand builder to join as a Senior Brand Planner, focusing on multicultural segments. A comprehensive yet incisive thinker, this individual will be responsible for creating and clarifying audience insights and brand inputs to brand architecture, brand identity and campaign development to positively shift perceptions, influence desired customer behaviors and grow our business.
The Senior Multicultural Brand Planner works closely with partners across Diversity Marketing and Communicaitons, Campaign Management, Creative, Media and Insights as well as with brand & business stakeholders in other parts of Amazon, agencies and external companies. This individual thrives in complex and fast-paced environments and is preternaturally gifted at finding a true, distinctive, and compellingly clear strategic narrative in the most complicated business and consumer challenges.
Key job responsibilities
• Drives messaging strategy for mainstream, multicultural and targeted campaigns for multicultural segments.
• Co-author recommendations to inform our communications related to diverse and multicultural consumers, employees and their communities.
• Partner with Campaign Management to write single-channel & cross-channel creative briefs.
• Work with creative teams internal partners and / or external agencies to inspire new ideas, ensure strategic alignment, and provide a clear connection between those ideas and how they uniquely deliver on the brief.
• Work with Insights team to design customer research and assess campaign & program performance.
• For multi-country programs, collaborate with partners across locales to share learning, identify insights, shape strategies and design & execute campaigns
A day in the life
• Dive deep into quantitative data around business, customer perceptions and behavior and translate it into clear, actionable insights.
• Bring multicultural segment insights to life in relevant ways across a diverse range of brands and businesses. (Black, Hispanic/ Latino/a/x, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+)
• Provide thoughtful, incisive and sometimes subtle analysis of qualitative data.
• Find compelling narratives around our brands and their customers that capture the attention and imaginations of internal stakeholders and external consumers.
About the team
The Brand Planning Team is a group of brand experts inside XCM (Cross Channel Marketing) focused on finding customer insights and using them to better define our brands and communicate their value in customers’ lives. We work with a range of stakeholders inside and outside XCM to build focused mental models and briefs that inspire breakthrough design and campaigns. We start with our customers and their lived experiences, working backwards to ensure that our brands and communications are presented as true, distinctive, and motivating by developing frameworks and briefs that are clear, compelling, and insightful.
• 8+ years’ experience as a brand planner/strategist inside advertising agencies, brand strategy consultancies, or the equivalent role inside a brand marketing organization.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Track record of navigating complex businesses and producing breakthrough, famous work that drove results.
• Experience in integrated, cross-channel communications strategy, planning, and content development
• Foundational and strategic understanding of multicultural segments such as: Hispanic / Latino/a/x, African-American and Indigenous.
• Experience leading or working within cross-functional marketing teams
• Experience working with creative teams, with particular focus on articulating and elevating breakthrough creative ideas.
• Experience applying brand strategy and principles to design and visual identity.