Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Secure SVOD for Japanese TV anime content, negotiate with major publishers to get access to their popular IP, develop exclusive anime content based on popular manga IP, build up an anime content strategy, drive provider relationships with anime rights holders, deliver comprehensive content selection and continuously improve the customer experience of the video business.
Key job responsibilities
• Negotiate and execute SVOD content licensing agreements on behalf of Prime Video with anime rights holders, anime productions, TV network groups, aggregators and other types of content suppliers across various business models, including flat fee licensing, pay per hour/pay for performance, and more
・Negotiate with major publishers to get access to their popular IP and develop exclusive anime content for Prime Video.
• Manage content licensing selection and mix across multiple content categories to achieve maximum customer satisfaction
• Use data on customer behavior, usage and consumption, inform decision-making for content acquisition and uncover new content genres for customers
• Internally, develop content acquisition plans, financial metrics, and goals for senior management
• Externally, establish and manage strong relationships with content providers at a senior level
• Develop a deep understanding of financial analysis, content performance forecasting, promotional rights clearance for content promotions.
• Get approval from licensors to use creative assets of their content and liaise with marketing teams
• Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within Prime Video to define content strategies and to execute content licensing agreements and support content promotion activities (e.g., legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
• Maintain a can-do attitude and willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
A day in the life
1) Select the content which has a potential to improve the customer experience of the video business.
2) Project the forecast for the content (how many new customer/hours we can acquire from the content, etc.) and an appropriate license cost.
3) Negotiate with external partner (i.e. content holder) to acquire the content.
4) Create an approval doc to justify an acquisition for the content.
5) Draft the contract with legal and conclude it with the partner.
6) Obtain an approval of the deal by senior management.
About the team
Prime Video is offering the Subscription-Video-On-Demand services which enable to watch various movies, anime contents, TV dramas, Korean contents, music and sport contents without additional fees for Prime memberships. Out of Prime Video team, our team is responsible for the acquisition of such contents.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in an account management, licensing or business development role regarding Japanese TV anime content.
• Strong critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to be highly entrepreneurial in a largely structured environment.
• Direct connections to key anime players (i.e. major anime productions, eminent anime producers, etc.) related to major video content distribution.
・Experience of development work for anime content.
• Proven ability negotiating complex agreements and legal contracts.
• Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills.
• Excellent logical document writing and persuasion skills.
• Ability to adapt to a quickly in a changing, fast-paced international environment
• Language skills: Japanese must be native. English must be native or business level.
• Experienced an international sales of Japanese TV anime content
• Experienced a producer role of Japanese TV anime content
・Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
• Experienced with end-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
• Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Ability to understand product and technical requirements and interface with Product/Technology teams
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
The salary information will be provided individually prior to the 1st interview.