HP aims to create engineering experiences that not only amaze, but inspire people around the world to interact and invent in ways that ultimately improve lives.
Leads a large or broad function/department within a multifaceted organization. Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with other major organizational functions. Responsible for one or more recognized professional disciplines. Fully accountable for the success of the designated function or department. Influences strategy and sets policy and direction. Owns a significant number of measurable functional, operational and strategic goals or priorities. Assumes responsibility for the successful implementation of business plans in a defined area of responsibility. Contributes to the overall strategic definition of a function with strong business acumen. Acts as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business. Typically reports to EXEC3.
This leader will lead HP in the following areas, and hence need to show related past acheivements in the following areas
- Define the next generation of HP core Print software and solutions,
- Drive a complete print offering (across printer hardware, ink, toner, and software) through strong partnerships across organizations.
- Develop HP’s talent bench for our next generation of leaders.
- Responsible for life cycle management of the product/service/solution (PSS) lines from development, launch, refresh to obsolescence.
- Accountable for leading an organization of managers and individual contributors by setting overall initiatives, allocating financial and human capital for programs and projects, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of PSS marketing programs.
- Defines and continually refines the product roadmap, synthesizing technical, market, and operational considerations.
- Monitors market trends, analyzes competitors’ offerings, and solicits input from clients, partners, sales teams for product planning and design.
- Provides thought-leadership on new PSS offerings as well as refreshes.
- Responsible for long-term business forecasting and marketing budget recommendations.
- Coordinates creation of training materials and regularly evangelizes key value propositions both internally and externally.
- Leads the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, procedures, and policies; identifies consequences of decisions on a regional or global level and recommends appropriate solutions and areas for improvement.
- Consults with business leaders at the EXEC2 and EXEC3 level to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., mitigating risk, approving significant programs/deals).
- Ensures that the marketing strategies and initiatives within area of accountability are integrated with corporate and business strategies.
- May be responsible for significant dotted-line employee reporting relationships.
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree with a focus in Marketing, Business, or Engineering; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Typically 12+ years of experience in marketing or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business.
- Typically 4+ years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior ability to provide PSS marketing consultation to senior managers within area of expertise.
- Superior understanding of product design and current product management.
- In-depth experience working with selling partners, R&D or customers.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across geographies.
- Ability to build partnerships across functions.
- Excellent communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong leadership and staff development skills.
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Manages a function that supports business unit performance and implementation of the global functional/ PSS marketing strategy.
- Typically partners with managers, EXEC2s, and EXEC3s.
- Typically manages senior individual contributors and managers.
- Works across multiple units business- or function-wide to deliver PSS marketing solutions.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!