Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to bring Alexa’s interactive voice assistant to customers anytime, anywhere on the go to make their lives easier and more convenient? Come join our team and make Alexa on mobile an indispensable part of customers’ life, offering its instantly available AI capabilities to anyone, anywhere.
The Alexa Mobile Team is looking for a Sr Manager to lead the Alexa Mobile product marketing team and drive Alexa adoption and engagement among smartphone users. In this role, you will lead the marketing strategy development and execution through your product marketing team to drive the discovery and engagement of Alexa mobile. The marketing program development includes customer behavioral analysis, customer research, retention program management, personalized content development, targeting segment strategy, marketing channel management (e.g., email, push, ASO, paid advertisement), and creative development. This position will guide and unblock team members to let them work closely with Product Management, UX, Business Development, and Engineering teams, as well as partner with stakeholder teams to deliver experiences resonating with customers. This role requires the ability to navigate team members to think big, dive deep with technical teams, and work across partners throughout the larger Alexa ecosystem. You must be an influential leader with a passion for Alexa mobile experiences and bring analytical rigor to the team. It is critical that you cultivate a tech culture to work backward from the customer and think through the customer’s needs to develop the marketing strategy.
A successful candidate will be a strong, innovative thinker with a proven record of building data-driven product marketing teams, creating and implementing strategic planning, and influencing cross-functional leadership. It would be best if you were highly analytical and detail-oriented for team members’ proposals, think outside of the box, challenge the status quo, and is comfortable leading a team in a dynamic environment. You must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You will be at the center of the customer experience and let your team members dive deep into the customers’ responses and incremental business impact. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet organizational goals. You will anticipate and remove bottlenecks, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus constraints. People trust and respect you, and they like to work with you.
Key job responsibilities
- Own global product marketing and go-to-market strategy for Alexa mobile
- Build a data-driven, customer-centric product marketing teams
- Manage prioritization and tradeoffs across multiple strategic marketing programs, establish streamlined business processes, and ultimately drive Alexa adoption and engagement among partner companies’ mobile apps
- Proactively identify and let the team resolve issues that may impair the overall strategy to meet customer adoption and financial goals
- Navigate the team to work cross-functionally with the external and internal stakeholders (e.g., product management team, engineering team, international stakeholders, marketing channel owners, and advertisement partners) for marketing program management
- Own business reviews and leadership communication for the business performance against key metrics and program goals, including but not limited to: Monthly, Quarterly Business Reviews, and Annual Planning (OP1 and OP2)
- Dive into the marketing program funnel metrics (impression, click, install, sign-in, purchase, etc.) for the proper decision-making and encourage the team to measure the customers’ response and continually improve business performance metrics by leveraging marketing channels, internal targeting tools, and creative refreshes
- Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners
- Guide team members to define experimental frameworks and develop new scalable marketing programs whose incremental business impact should be measurable
- Represent the voice of customers/partners to influence roadmap priorities, new product features, and product improvements.
- Partner cross-functionally to drive innovative marketing programs that are impactful to our customers and partners and increase brand and product awareness across Amazon
About the team
The Alexa Mobile App team focuses on continued evolution of a high performing app, builds delightful app experiences, and supports the growth of the Alexa business.
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility, including end-to-end experience in marketing, program management, product management, and/or partner management such as email, display advertising, and search engine
- 5+ years leading teams and managing people
- Comfortable managing multiple complex projects and building and scale program management processes under competing priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives by successfully influencing cross-functional team stakeholders without formal authority and gaining buy-in from leadership
- Ability to develop top-to-top marketing relationships with business and product leadership of 3rd party partyers
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute independently and autonomously to get the job done
- Oral and written communication skills with attention to the detail to present the strategy to the leadership
- Comfortable with advanced Excel work to perform statistical analysis to develop/enhance online marketing program
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or relevant field of study or equivalent practical experience
- MBA or master’s degree in economics, marketing, finance, or related fields
- Demonstrable history of defining and executing marketing strategies
- Proven track record of developing lifecycle management and engagement programs, building scalable business processes, and/or online marketing experiments
- Technical fluency; comfortable in understanding and discussing technology concepts, technical/business tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
- Deep analytical abilities, especially for experimental design and analysis
- Statistical analysis experiences on the online marketing channel improvement
- SQL skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.