Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
As Cresco Labs looks to accelerate the growth of its Sunnyside retail brand, the company is seeking an Associate Brand Manager to join our Retail Marketing team. In this role, you will play a part in the development of integrated retail marketing campaigns with a focus on building the Sunnyside retail brand as we scale across new and existing markets. This position will work closely with cross-functional partners across retail operations, eCommerce, CRM, social media, creative agencies, compliance, finance, and others to drive key initiatives and deliver results.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Be the #1 champion of the Sunnyside retail brand including ownership of brand guidelines, brand positioning, development of national campaigns, and supporting local markets with regional campaigns.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans and brand strategy, from briefing creative agencies to activating across our marketing channels.
- Collaborate with in-store, paid media, eCommerce, social and CRM team to bring brand campaigns to life via multiple owned channels and lead development of associated creative.
- Develop internal communication plans that energize partners in the field and retail operations, gaining buy-in and support of national programming priorities.
- Manage multiple marketing projects, including both scaled national campaigns and support for local marketing initiatives.
- Analyze and report on sales metrics, market trends, competitive activity, consumer insights and other data to strengthen ongoing brand projects and strategy.
- Track brand-related marketing expenses and vendor estimates and scopes to manage within the retail marketing budget.
- Grow your knowledge regularly through team member 1:1’s, research and identify opportunities to share best practices with the broader team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- 3 years of relevant marketing experience with a focus on retail, shopper, or wholesale brand marketing. Must demonstrate ability to lead and build a consumer-facing brand.
- Relevant experience activating in multiple channels including paid media, social media, CRM, eCommerce and in-store.
- Ability to perform and thrive in environments with minimal process and structure, and comfort with managing through ambiguity.
- Strong bias for action. You identify a problem and mobilize to solve it.
- Proven project management skills. You are able to juggle multiple high-priority projects.
- Strong numerical and analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Strong communication skills (exceptional listening skills, persuasive, and professional communicator).
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit. You are able to motivate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Genuine passion for marketing and the cannabis industry.
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.