CVS Health is a health care innovation company. Together, we are are helping people on their path to better health.
The Lead Director of Marketing and Communications will support the development and delivery of integrated marketing strategies for Aetna Better Health (Medicaid) of Virginia.
This position will play an integral role in ensuring that the national/local CVS Health/Aetna brand voice and visual identity are represented in a consistent, recognizable, and memorable way to further enhance engagement with members, external stakeholders and regulators.
You will be responsible for developing, facilitating, and implementing outreach activities, special events, programs, and presentations which support member education and health plan awareness within the Medicaid or Medicare population and the community.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with community contacts.
• Maintains marketing guideline compliance with the appropriate state’s laws and regulations.
• Strategize marketing efforts based on open enrollment throughout the year
• 8 years of work experience/member of a marketing/communications team of a Medicaid health plan, nonprofit or in an agency setting, managing marketing and advertising
• 2 years of management and supervision of staff; responsible for performance management, coaching, leading, and engaging staff to achieve goals and other deliverables
• Knowledge and background in full suite of marketing tactics to include digital, advertising creation and placement, creative development
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Demonstrated success in media placements and executing integrated marketing campaigns
• Resident of the Richmond, Virginia area
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field or 12 years of equivalent work experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.